News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't understand how being pro-Trump also means not caring that Russians tampered with the election.

Support Trump if you like, I even support a few of the things he's done, but this is hardly yawn worthy. Probably not the smoking gun the Left would like it to be but it goes someway in showing that this country will not sit idly by and allow a foreign power to meddle in one of out most sacred rites.

It needs to continue to be built upon, I'd like to see sanctions and political fallout. Yah - can read what I just wrote, but this is not nothing.
Point taken, thanks.

But.....as far as involvement by Trump (and/or his associates) - from the linked article:

some of the Russian suspects interacted with Americans associated with the Trump campaign, but those associates did not realize they were being manipulated.
This happened under Obama's watch - I wonder if he was aware of this either.

None of those charged are in custody, according to Peter Carr, a spokesman for the special counsel’s office. Russia does not typically allow any of its citizens to be extradited to the United States to face trial, so it is unlikely the individuals will be turned over, but it will likely prevent them from traveling outside Russia.
So - nothing will happen to the Russians who were indicted?

Overall, Facebook acknowledged to Congress that the Internet Research Agency had bought 3,000 ads on its platform that reached 11.4 million users. The agency’s employees also reportedly made many free posts that reached 126 million users. In addition to polarizing online political conversation, Facebook reported that the Internet Research Agency used Facebook pages to organize 129 real-world events that drew the attention of nearly 340,000 Facebook users.
Twitter has acknowledged finding 3,814 accounts linked to the IRA, which together posted some 176,000 tweets in the 10 weeks preceding the election. The company also found 50,258 automated accounts it said were connected to the Russian government and tweeted more than a million times.
Social media - are they pleading the 5th on this or will they own it?

Twitter declined to comment Friday on the indictment.

*In other words.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Politics is a nasty dirty filthy business. I appreciate that we don't want outside interference. But we have plenty to clean up here - plenty!

Florida Democrat Election Official Admits Noncitizens, Felons Voting

“She agreed that her office had registered ‘hundreds’ of voters claiming illegal commercial addresses as residential ones. They were usually rented mailboxes.”
:rolleyes:

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Us "deplorables" really did not need the Rooskies, and after hearing the evidence, voter rolls and votes were not part of the evidence and the interesting part "no outcomes were changed."
Well, the US of A has interfered with elections in other countries for years with unknown and known results .
(Iraq, Iran,Israel, Cuba,Venezuela,Haiti,El Salvador, and the Dominican Republic,just to name a few examples)
Maybe some other countries need to indict some of the scoundrels in D.C. Either that or learn by example from the most experienced.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Well, the US of A has interfered with elections in other countries for years with unknown and known results .
(Iraq, Iran,Israel, Cuba,Venezuela,Haiti,El Salvador, and the Dominican Republic,just to name a few examples)
Maybe some other countries need to indict some of the scoundrels in D.C. Either that or learn by example from the most experienced.
Obama sent State dept money to defeat Netanyahu in last Israeli election, old news, my point. Any way this present operation started in 2014, a year before Trump announced.
And they're not gonna extradite these pirates back to the states. Long gone.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
This article is from 2015, and it names all the major players. Very interesting.
Super slow rolled by those two Justice Department textsters or they were too busy getting those wiretaps locked on. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Super slow rolled by those two Justice Department textsters or they were too busy getting those wiretaps locked on. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The FBI has had a very very bad month, and it may have gotten worse when this is all parsed. You can kind of just feel the implication coming, that the Obama administration either knew about these guys and let them operate, or else didn't know about these guys when a journalist had already published a piece in the NYTM the year before. Dunno which is worse.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The FBI has had a very very bad month, and it may have gotten worse when this is all parsed. You can kind of just feel the implication coming, that the Obama administration either knew about these guys and let them operate, or else didn't know about these guys when a journalist had already published a piece in the NYTM the year before. Dunno which is worse.
Obama was too chicken sh.. to call this out early when it could of mattered as he was afraid of being called biased. Pretty ironic really, if he'd have done something overt and public it might have swung the election but by not doing so he is being called out for bias by the people the whole thing actually helped.

Going to be some great movies about this one day if we survive it

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Going to be some great movies about this one day if we survive it
Seriously? LOL
yes, you are blind if you don't see this as the Constitutional crisis that it is. By this of course I mean all of it, not just todays news
You really should admit this as extreme hyperbole unless you are saying that this will kill off more of us than any other event in history and apologize for calling me blind. Oh, and by the way, I absolutely see that this COULD be a Constitutional crisis, I am just reasoned enough to know that we don't yet know enough to accept as fact that rash of an allegation and even if it is true, it's probably not gonna kill me.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, just more hoax...
Honestly, not sure about your point.

I feel like the wool has been unwound so we can not find the thread any longer, which makes it hard to figure.

I don't think there are any rational people who think that some Russians did not try, and may have succeeded in a small degree, at influencing the election. That fact, as far as it goes, is universally acknowledged.

But what then? We all already knew Russia, China, and frankly, England France and Germany all do conspire to affect ours and each other's elections. And what? Well... We found the Russian group used illicit methods, so they get the indictment. Good. But then?

Unless we are prepared for a new red scare, this is, on the whole, a giant nothing burger. Do you want a new red scare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.