News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
so a couple of things

one, only a reader as proficient as say, Donald Trump would call that a "long read" it took me 5 minutes and only that because I had to pause to answer a couple of IM's and a text

two, it doesn't prove any such thing. It speculates that perhaps these things happened for the reason he speculates that they do. It uses the same partially released FBI text messages to make a few loose conclusions and nothing more.

Last, I agree that Hillary sucks and that she should have been prosecuted for server which to me was a clear step to avoid oversight and scrutiny. I was personally hopeful and mad at Comey at the time as I wanted a better candidate, only one this bad could lose to a scumbag loser like Trump. I do not agree however that it taints Obama in any way nor do I think reasonable Americans would find it tainted Obama. I email with lots of people, I have no idea where their email servers are (and I designed email and other servers for over a decade) how could Obama know where it was when it happened?
It’s over 500 pages long 🤦.♂

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It’s over 500 pages long ��.♂
http://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/n...y.html?i10c.encReferrer=&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=14

this is what you linked as proof

and yeah I know exactly how email works I've built out the infrastructures that host millions of email accounts but if I haven't physically or virtually touched that server in a while I don't know if it's in someone's basement, a 5-9's reliable CoLo, some corporate data center or in AWS Govcloud or one of a dozen other providers. You have no idea where my email servers are, hell I don't know where all mine are any longer as I haven't hosted my own since google offered it better and free to me years ago

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
the investigation was started because George Papadopolis got drunk and blabbed to the Australians that he had stolen data from Hillary and the Dems that came from the Russians

you need to stop reading the daily caller and listening to hannity, they are lying to you
You can keep telling them this (fact) until the cows come home; you can tell them (another fact) that Republicans actually got Steele involved originally and no one as yet has specified how much of his “dossier” was compiled before the Dems stepped in, so we don’t know how much of what’s in it was compiled while Republicans were paying for it.
You can waste time trying to explain the timeline to them, but the faraway look in their eyes should tell you all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You can keep telling them this (fact) until the cows come home; you can tell them (another fact) that Republicans actually got Steele involved originally and no one as yet has specified how much of his “dossier” was compiled before the Dems stepped in, so we don’t know how much of what’s in it was compiled while Republicans were paying for it.
You can waste time trying to explain the timeline to them, but the faraway look in their eyes should tell you all you need to know.

just wait until benghazi comes up.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Someone remind me: Who's president again?

Hillary is nothing but deflection. Doesn't matter what you want, only what is. She isn't president and she isn't under investigation for colluding with the Russians.
When you can’t defend the indefensible - SQUIRREL!

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Enjoy

Long read just getting into it.
So I read the report. I thought originally we were talking about the most recent unclassified documents not necessarily the IG report. However I did manage to read the report you linked. I at first thought you were just talking about the Chicago tribune article but then realized you had also linked the IG report.

From what I have read, at every subsection the IG essentially found out that while there were people behaving badly, and some made poor decisions, there was no evidence of coordinated actions that should prosecuted. Since Clinton still seems to be the boogeyman, I'll quote what I think is probably the most salient portion.

IG Report said:
Asked Clinton what appeared to be appropriate questions and made use of documents to challenge Clinton’s testimony and assess her credibility during her interview. We found that, by the date of her interview, the Midyear team and Comey had concluded that the evidence did not support criminal charges (absent a confession or false statement by Clinton during the interview), and that the interview had little effect on the outcome of the investigation;
Look, I get it, Hillary did a bad dumb thing. After lengthy investigations, no one found an actual crime. It seems that the largest focus of many of these arguments over the improper behavior comes down to "The FBI did not investigate Clinton hard enough. Had they spent more time on her, they likely wouldn't have had time to find actual evidence of crimes committed by the various Trump associates."

I just have a hard time believing there was an actual conspiracy to sweep everything under the rug for Clinton and Obama. Primarily because if such a conspiracy did exist, it would have to of had so many moving parts, that by now someone would have spoken up. That coupled with the fact that had there been an actual conspiracy capable of all of that, why wouldn't they have done something to actually rig the election? Many point to Comey's statement before the election as the turning point that lost Clinton the edge she needed. If the conspiracy truly existed, they could have stopped that. Heck if it actually existed they could have done any number of things to guarantee a win. But they didn't. You might say "Well they were just dumb/incompetent/whatever." I would say that you can't have it both ways. You can't have a dumb or incompetent conspiracy that actually remains a secret. Just look at how long the people surrounding Trump have managed to keep whatever they were up to secret and away from the mueller investigation.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
So I read the report. I thought originally we were talking about the most recent unclassified documents not necessarily the IG report. However I did manage to read the report you linked. I at first thought you were just talking about the Chicago tribune article but then realized you had also linked the IG report.

From what I have read, at every subsection the IG essentially found out that while there were people behaving badly, and some made poor decisions, there was no evidence of coordinated actions that should prosecuted. Since Clinton still seems to be the boogeyman, I'll quote what I think is probably the most salient portion.

Look, I get it, Hillary did a bad dumb thing. After lengthy investigations, no one found an actual crime. It seems that the largest focus of many of these arguments over the improper behavior comes down to "The FBI did not investigate Clinton hard enough. Had they spent more time on her, they likely wouldn't have had time to find actual evidence of crimes committed by the various Trump associates."

I just have a hard time believing there was an actual conspiracy to sweep everything under the rug for Clinton and Obama. Primarily because if such a conspiracy did exist, it would have to of had so many moving parts, that by now someone would have spoken up. That coupled with the fact that had there been an actual conspiracy capable of all of that, why wouldn't they have done something to actually rig the election? Many point to Comey's statement before the election as the turning point that lost Clinton the edge she needed. If the conspiracy truly existed, they could have stopped that. Heck if it actually existed they could have done any number of things to guarantee a win. But they didn't. You might say "Well they were just dumb/incompetent/whatever." I would say that you can't have it both ways. You can't have a dumb or incompetent conspiracy that actually remains a secret. Just look at how long the people surrounding Trump have managed to keep whatever they were up to secret and away from the mueller investigation.
The problem here is that you’re using logic. Logic doesn’t apply for them anymore. No matter what you say or how you say it they’ll be right back to the Hillary conspiracy theories like a drug addict that needs a hit to avoid facing their depressing life choice to support a real criminal.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The problem here is that you’re using logic. Logic doesn’t apply for them anymore. No matter what you say or how you say it they’ll be right back to the Hillary conspiracy theories like a drug addict that needs a hit to avoid facing their depressing life choice to support a real criminal.
talk radio is a hell of a drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.