News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I tend to believe Barr's testimony that he would not do that. He is under a magnifying glass, after all. However, will he edit and redact to protect Trump. We'll see, but that would not surprise me at all. As for 2., I think that's almost a given. Oddjob's statements about taking a grenade for the president explain that. Also, there are the obvious drawbacks to submitting the report to an unknown quantity, obviously selected only for his loyalty to the president. There's no way Mueller would risk that...
I'm leaning toward this take too, but we'll see soon. Barr will give Congress a summary. If the House feels like the summary is incomplete for whatever reason, they can probably bring in Mueller and/or subpoena the unredacted report. So if something smells fishy, there is recourse. Were Ryan and Nunes still running the show in the House, though, we might very well be screwed.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
here is one from the "Duh of course" file

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/02/21/devin-nunes-was-trumps-mole-inside-the-gang-of-eight/

[FONT=&quot]In other words, McCabe believes that Rep. Devin Nunes—who participated as chair of the House Intelligence Committee—was acting as a mole for the president in the briefings. The steps McCabe took to open an investigation after Trump fired Comey were immediately relayed to the White House by Nunes.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]That is not something that comes as a surprise to any of us who have been watching all of this unfold. But it is important that McCabe shares those suspicions. If fits perfectly with Nunes’ history of disclosing classified information whenever it suits his purposes.[/FONT]

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
If there is no indictment for Trump then it will all have been a waste of time IMO. So what if you take down all his sheep, he’ll just find more to do his dirty work. Gotta take the top dog down or nothing changes.

The poster formerly known as RollTide1017

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If there is no indictment for Trump then it will all have been a waste of time IMO. So what if you take down all his sheep, he’ll just find more to do his dirty work. Gotta take the top dog down or nothing changes.

The poster formerly known as RollTide1017
it sounds like a lot of stuff has been farmed out to other agencies/depts/states and i think there may be some stuff waiting on him after he leaves office.

but i agree with you, he needs to be taken down, hard. at this point, i feel the same way about a big chunk of the gop who have been actively enabling this.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
for the "totally not a trump supporter, but there is no proof of collusion so i may be forced to vote for him because of democrat overreach" crowd

This is where the “witch hunt” attacks on Mr. Mueller may have backfired. For 19 months, Mr. Trump and his team have had one target to shoot at, and that target has had limited jurisdiction. But now the investigation resembles the architecture of the internet, with many different nodes, and some of those nodes possess potentially unlimited jurisdiction. Their powers and scope go well beyond Mr. Mueller’s circumscribed mandate; they go to Mr. Trump’s judgment and whether he lied to the American people. They also include law enforcement investigations having nothing to do with Russia, such as whether the president directed the commission of serious campaign finance crimes, as federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York have already stated in filings. These are all critical matters, each with serious factual predicates already uncovered by prosecutors.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
for the "totally not a trump supporter, but there is no proof of collusion so i may be forced to vote for him because of democrat overreach" crowd
He's stepped on little people his whole career and cheated them, lied to them. And yet he was able to convince millions that he was one of them. At least, even Hitler did really come up from humble origins, no silver spoon, like Trump, despite his "small one million dollar loan BS." No lower name than "Schicklgruber"...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He's stepped on little people his whole career and cheated them, lied to them, and bullied them with threats of litigation. And yet he was able to convince millions that he was one of them. At least, even Hitler did really come up from humble origins, no silver spoon, like Trump, despite his "small one million dollar loan BS." No lower name than "Schicklgruber"...
FIFY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I thought it was interesting when I heard Mueller wasn’t going to give Barr the report until Trump returns from Vietnam.
If there is nothing there, why would it matter?
OTOH, if there are recommendations for felony charges (maybe even treason? One can hope.), could it be respect for the office (surely not Trump himself, he deserves none)? Or to make sure Trump is on American soil?
I just found this slightly curious. If there is nothing there, it could only strengthen his hand in negotiations with Rocket Man, I would think. If there is something there (I find it hard to believe there isn’t), maybe Mueller doesn’t want to weaken his position in these talks.
Thoughts?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This says it all, except that if you’re one of his core you won’t believe anything in Mueller’s report anyway, which to me is a solid argument in the case for forced sterilization in this country. (Light blue font)

https://apple.news/ApGoXONSCRW6BT_WYFGp2rA

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I thought it was interesting when I heard Mueller wasn’t going to give Barr the report until Trump returns from Vietnam.
If there is nothing there, why would it matter?
OTOH, if there are recommendations for felony charges (maybe even treason? One can hope.), could it be respect for the office (surely not Trump himself, he deserves none)? Or to make sure Trump is on American soil?
I just found this slightly curious. If there is nothing there, it could only strengthen his hand in negotiations with Rocket Man, I would think. If there is something there (I find it hard to believe there isn’t), maybe Mueller doesn’t want to weaken his position in these talks.
Thoughts?

After repeated false alarms I wouldn’t believe anything about a release time until it comes from Mueller’s office directly.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This was reported by multiple media, that the report won’t be delivered “next week”, as per a DOJ official.
As the story indicates, Barr was scheduled to make some announcement next week but that may have been delayed as well.
No commentary as to the “why”, that was just speculation on my part.
But no one is expecting it to not be released within the next few weeks. Rosenstein leaving in mid March supports that line of thinking, as well as reports of Mueller’s team reaching out to previous employers.
Mueller is the only one (and maybe some or all of his team, though not a given) who knows exactly when it’s happening. Funny thing his, his latest report to Brennan re Manafort’s case was due last night and it hasn’t been released; there is (again) speculation all of it may not be released anytime in the immediate future, for as yet unknown reasons.
I can’t see any way we don’t have a tsunami of overwhelming evidence coming that engulfs our country in a political nuclear stand-off (or war), unless Republicans come to their senses (if they have any left). This is just too coincidental to turn out to be a nothingburder.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/22/rob...report-to-attorney-general-next-week-nbc.html

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.