News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Manafort received an additional 73 months of prison time from his second trial (LINK), to be served concurrently. The total sentence for these two federal cases is 6 years and nine months.

Immediately after, NY indicted Manafort on 16 state charges -- mortgage fraud and a smattering of other felonies. LINK
Still far less than he deserves.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Rosenstein staying on at Justice Department 'a little longer' than anticipated

i wonder what jethrene will have to say about this

(CNN)Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is planning to stay on at the Justice Department "a little longer" than originally anticipated, according to a Justice official familiar with his thinking.

Initially, he planned to leave in mid-March, but no firm date was ever set and after consulting with Attorney General William Barr, he will now stay in his position a bit longer.
He has not given the White House his two weeks' notice.
Rosenstein has been overseeing the Russia investigation and as CNN has reported, he has signaled to other officials that he would leave when he was satisfied that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation was either complete or close enough to completion that it was protected.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Let me also add that while I don't want to see the country go through another 'Watergate', if he did collude with the Russians, it has to happen.

But beyond all that, goodness, I miss having someone in the WH who could speak in complete sentences. I didn't agree on a many issues with Obama, but at least the guy could communicate coherently...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

my first LOL from that link

Investigators in the Southern District of New York obtained a search warrant to access Cohen’s Gmail account in February 2018. Google turned over some documents, but the tech giant “declined to produce data that it stored on computer servers located outside of the United States,” according to an affidavit submitted to the court by an FBI agent working on Cohen’s case.Weeks later, Trump signed the CLOUD Act into law, which gave US law enforcement more legal pathways to pursue data stories overseas. The provision was tucked into the $1.3 trillion spending bill Trump signed to avoid a federal government shutdown.
With the new law on the books, federal prosecutors went back to court in and asked for another warrant to get the materials that Google refused to turn over.
In an April 2018 affidavit, the FBI agent argued that “providers are required to disclose data even if it is stored abroad” under the new law. The judge approved the new search warrant later that day, giving investigators access to additional information from Google, including Cohen’s emails, attachments, address book and files stored on Google Drive.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
just when you think you've heard the last super bizarre Russia detail you get this

The CEO of Overstock has resigned after divulging having been in a romantic relationship with convicted unregistered Russian agent Maria Butina and in a strange press release commenting on the "deep state."
Patrick Byrne in a letter to shareholders on Thursday said that he is in the "sad position of having to sever ties" with the company effective today, although he contends that "I did what was necessary for the good of the country," The New York Times reports.

Byrne referring to the fact that earlier this month, he said in a press release with the title "Overstock.com CEO Comments on Deep State, Withholds Further Comment" that he "assisted in what are now known as the 'Clinton Investigation' and the 'Russian Investigation,'" which "turned out to be ... political espionage conducted against Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump." In the bizarre statement, he also refers to FBI agents as the "Men in Black."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/8605...antic-relationship-russian-agent-maria-butina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.