News Article: Mueller Charges 13 Russian Nationals, 3 Russian Entities with Election Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
How nice to see these slimeballs headed to jail. Manafort just looks greasy to me.

Things are just going to get that much more bizarre and awful, there's no telling what kind of a meltdown/reaction Trump will have to being cornered. It seems like events are building up to some sort of climax.

I read a lot of coverage...one thing I saw that was encouraging...if I remember correctly...there is mention of asset seizure in relation to Manafort...things bought with laundered money are subect to being taken...

In a just world, Trump's assets will be taken when everything is said and done, with him on the way to jail himself.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
How nice to see these slimeballs headed to jail. Manafort just looks greasy to me.

Things are just going to get that much more bizarre and awful, there's no telling what kind of a meltdown/reaction Trump will have to being cornered. It seems like events are building up to some sort of climax.

I read a lot of coverage...one thing I saw that was encouraging...if I remember correctly...there is mention of asset seizure in relation to Manafort...things bought with laundered money are subect to being taken...

In a just world, Trump's assets will be taken when everything is said and done, with him on the way to jail himself.
Trump, Manafort and Cohen are three guys who appear to have lived on the edge of the law for years and became overconfident. Otherwise Trump would have never run for President and Manafort would have never gotten involved in the campaign in a way to bring all of their activities into question. Considering the reports that Trump paid over $400 Mil. cash for properties over the last two years we are likely looking at in excess of $1 billion that has been laundered during that period. With the report this week that Ivanka and Jared reported $80 Mil. plus in outside income over the last year the entire operation appears to be a house of cards. Money just doesn't fall fall from trees like this in honest businesses.

Here again if the Trump family had any judgement they would be as far away as possible from the disclosure requirements inherent in government service.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Trump, Manafort and Cohen are three guys who appear to have lived on the edge of the law for years and became overconfident. Otherwise Trump would have never run for President and Manafort would have never gotten involved in the campaign in a way to bring all of their activities into question. Considering the reports that Trump paid over $400 Mil. cash for properties over the last two years we are likely looking at in excess of $1 billion that has been laundered during that period. With the report this week that Ivanka and Jared reported $80 Mil. plus in outside income over the last year the entire operation appears to be a house of cards. Money just doesn't fall fall from trees like this in honest businesses.

Here again if the Trump family had any judgement they would be as far away as possible from the disclosure requirements inherent in government service.
none of them expected to win. Recall that Manafort, deeply in Debt and being chased by Oligarch's took a more than full time position as Campaign Director for zero pay. Why would he do that unless he expected other compensation?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
none of them expected to win. Recall that Manafort, deeply in Debt and being chased by Oligarch's took a more than full time position as Campaign Director for zero pay. Why would he do that unless he expected other compensation?
You just said none of them expected to win... So, what other compensation would Manafort be expecting from being the campaign director after a losing campaign?

You boys got it all figured out. I can't believe Trump has still not been indicted, can you?
Can't Mueller see that the country had gone to hell and he has the power to end it? If one-tenth of what y'all have figured out is correct, and of course it is, surely indictments are coming next week. or by the end of them month, at the latest.

Just joshing with you boys. Now, back to your regularly scheduled echo chamber programming. I'll check back in around the end of the month to chat about the charges.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You just said none of them expected to win... So, what other compensation would Manafort be expecting from being the campaign director after a losing campaign?

You boys got it all figured out. I can't believe Trump has still not been indicted, can you?
Can't Mueller see that the country had gone to hell and he has the power to end it? If one-tenth of what y'all have figured out is correct, and of course it is, surely indictments are coming next week. or by the end of them month, at the latest.

Just joshing with you boys. Now, back to your regularly scheduled echo chamber programming. I'll check back in around the end of the month to chat about the charges.
Give it time. Mueller has no reason to rush.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

If it’s an echo chamber it’s because all the Trump supporters here shriveled up into little snowflakes & ran to safe spaces. Not really everyone else across the political spectrum’s fault that reality gets in the way of the Trump talking points.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Some good news for those of us that think Manafort should rot in prison

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...BN1JH2W5?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social
Donald Trump and I paraphrase: Manafort only worked for me, you know, a short time...a very short time, he had very little to do, only a tiny tiny bit with my campaign. I really hardly know the man at all. I mean we never ... hardly ever talked but I feel badly for him being railroaded by Mueller's gang of Democrats. Its a disgrace! You know! I am looking into what to do about Mueller... We will have to see. I mean I could pardon myself absolutely but I haven't done anything. It is all a witch hunt! No collusion it is all fake news from the failing NY Times.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a link with some context of that happening? I am not saying it didn't happen, but I don't recall anything like that.
No, but since her defense was mainly that she did nothing wrong and the IG didn't agree with her that ignorance was implied. Are you arguing that she intended to break the rules?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Don’t forget to check the closet & under the bed for Hillary before you go to sleep.
I did. No Hilary but I did find a pants suit, haha.

Seriously, I’m not sure how she’s relevant in the minds of some people where they have to create hypotheticals as to what she might’ve done in certain circumstances. Or, evils she perpetrated without a shred of evidence to suggest her doing so. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Thats not how logical arguments work.

I love that his defense against witness tampering was that he did not know he couldn’t witness tamper.
You responded with:

That is pretty insane, but it worked for Hillary
When I asked for proof:

No, but since her defense was mainly that she did nothing wrong and the IG didn't agree with her that ignorance was implied. Are you arguing that she intended to break the rules?
For one, I have never seen an indication that Hillary attempted to witness tamper. If you are attempting to conflate the large number of investigations into her activities that were performed during the Obama presidency, then you will have to pick a scandal for me to address specifically. Benghazi - no criminal charges. Emails - no criminal charges. If I had to guess, I imagine you are talking about the email scandal. And while this has been discussed ad nauseam, there was no law against setting up a secondary email server. Prior secretaries of state had done it under the Bush administration. While a poor choice, not illegal.

So in this argument we are having, I just want to clarify. You are saying that Hillary's email server, which technically broke no law equates to witness tampering for which there is a clear law. If you weren't talking about the email server, I apologize, but I wasn't able to gather from your comments specifically what incident she was referring to when she claimed to do no wrong.

For context, just in case it is related to the emails. Fact Check: Hillary Clinton, Those Emails And The Law

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Ex-Aide to Roger Stone Is Subpoenaed in Russia Investigation

A former aide to Roger J. Stone Jr., the longtime Trump adviser and self-described “dirty trickster,” was subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury hearing evidence in the Russia investigation and to hand over documents, and his lawyer said he planned to move on Thursday to quash it in court.

Mr. Stone has become a focal point for Mr. Mueller’s investigators in the inquiry into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia’s election interference. During the 2016 campaign, Mr. Stone publicly foreshadowed the released by WikiLeaks of information damaging to the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.