Link: Inside Auburn’s Secret Effort to Advance an Athlete-Friendly Curriculum

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If memory serves, the Barn delayed making decisions on grade appeals until after the national championship game when Can was playing. (Normally those decisions were made in December, but that year was a little "special.")
Has anyone ever checked how many Barn players were actually declared academically ineligible the day after the championship? Individual cases wouold be protected by FERPA, but as a group, did any journalist dig into those data or was it lost in the euphoria of finally wining a championship?
Your memory is 100% correct. However, it wasn't just for Cam. Up to seventeen players would have been ineligible for the NCG had it not been for the Administrative shenanigans down there...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Anything to keep up with Alabama. And the SEC office and NCAA turn a blind eye to it every single time. I guess the Powers That Be are afraid to severely penalize them because it would make Alabama even more powerful than it is now. There has to be a logical reason as to why AU slips out of the noose every single time they're caught cheating.
It is kept under wraps because of the Tiger Unlimited Fund and the Never To Yield Foundation. What do you think Bobby Lowder has been doing since being removed from the BOT? He basically got a "promotion" to an even more powerful position...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Look, I know MANY great Auburn fans just like I know some Tide fan supporters I'd like to tie in chains and toss into a river.

But the thing with so many of them is that ALL of the evidence showed they were gonna do anything necessary - fair or foul - to win
that national title and wear the shirts and have the parade, blah blah.

And there's NOTHING wrong with wanting those things..

The problem is that too many of them like to PRETEND they don't......because if those matter then they have to look about 125 miles to the west and see
that big gray/crimson behemoth, and it's too much for some of them.
The term "All in!" is well known as a gambling term. Remember their slogan for that season after the Cam story broke...?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The state media was paid to keep quiet in 2010. They knew everything that was going on that year, from Cam getting paid, academic cheating, the off the field issues. Everything. And I've spoken with someone who has explained it to me in great detail. Auburn should've gotten hammered by the NCAA. No two ways about it.
Bingo! We have a winner!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
As Selma already pointed out, nobody is pure on this. All schools, Alabama included, have majors that have a disproportionate share of scholarship athletes.

But like Ole Miss in recruiting and Auburn in academic "construction," it's a matter of degree.

If the speed limit is 70, every Power 5 school is going 80-85 on both.

Auburn and Ole Miss, however, are going 120, driving with their knees, beer in one hand, that arm around the hooker, middle finger salute from the other hand waving out the window at the cops.

Trouble is, the cops aren't doing anything.
Makes me wonder why the cops (NCAA enforcement) won't hammer them. Ole Miss got off pretty light for their cheating and Auburn is like teflon. There is obviously some political reasons as to why both of these schools keep getting let off the hook. I have a pretty good theory as to why but I won't put it on here.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
IIRC Grades for the fall have to be finalized before the spring semester begins. UA changed the start of the spring semester to after the National Champ game when we had the BCS. I remember the rational being students would miss time traveling to the BCS championship. I’m sure eligibility issues also play a big part.

I am not taking anything away from 99% of our athletes who bust their rear and make good grades. However, a small few knowing they are going out for the draft neglect class work.

Back to the Barn, they are guilty of a lot more than pushing back a semester start date to keep their players eligible.
You meant AU.

The excuse that students would miss traveling was a weak and flimsy excuse. Shameful, in fact.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As Selma already pointed out, nobody is pure on this. All schools, Alabama included, have majors that have a disproportionate share of scholarship athletes.

But like Ole Miss in recruiting and Auburn in academic "construction," it's a matter of degree.

If the speed limit is 70, every Power 5 school is going 80-85 on both.

Auburn and Ole Miss, however, are going 120, driving with their knees, beer in one hand, that arm around the hooker, middle finger salute from the other hand waving out the window at the cops.

Trouble is, the cops aren't doing anything.
The "cops" are $o happy...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Makes me wonder why the cops (NCAA enforcement) won't hammer them. Ole Miss got off pretty light for their cheating and Auburn is like teflon. There is obviously some political reasons as to why both of these schools keep getting let off the hook. I have a pretty good theory as to why but I won't put it on here.
Go ahead! That's what this forum is for...

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Interesting thread to say the least but according to their fans, they are squeaky clean.

I know some of us have a good little story to tell so here is mine. Right before the Bama-Lsu game this past season I ran into a former AU offensive linemen. He played for Dye and Bowden. His older brother also played for Au. He told me that a certain running back on au's roster who went on to have a pretty darn good NFL career only could make a score of 7 on his ACT but he played with no problem. I also ask him what percent of football players on P5 programs did he think could actually make the grades to stay eligible to play and he said about 2/3. He said most every game should be vacated because of the ineligible players that are playing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The term "All in!" is well known as a gambling term. Remember their slogan for that season after the Cam story broke...?
Yep.

And like I've said a hundred times......they woke up the morning after beating Oregon and had to cope with being number one in the nation but still number two in the state.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Interesting thread to say the least but according to their fans, they are squeaky clean.

I know some of us have a good little story to tell so here is mine. Right before the Bama-Lsu game this past season I ran into a former AU offensive linemen. He played for Dye and Bowden. His older brother also played for Au. He told me that a certain running back on au's roster who went on to have a pretty darn good NFL career only could make a score of 7 on his ACT but he played with no problem. I also ask him what percent of football players on P5 programs did he think could actually make the grades to stay eligible to play and he said about 2/3. He said most every game should be vacated because of the ineligible players that are playing.
Last night Twitter was aflame with Auburn and Louisville fans arguing back and forth over who had the more corrupt basketball program.

I.
Am.
Not.
Kidding.

That's how low the bar has gotten.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Last night Twitter was aflame with Auburn and Louisville fans arguing back and forth over who had the more corrupt basketball program.

I.
Am.
Not.
Kidding.

That's how low the bar has gotten.
Reason #856,921 not to have (and never to have possessed) a Twitter account. Or Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, or anything remotely resembling any of that.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Twenty-five years ago I worked with two fellows who went to UNA at the same time. One was as dumb as a rock. No kidding. One day the dumb as a rock did something really dumb and a few of us were laughing about it and the other one said, "he got a free pass at UNA because he played football. Believe me, I was in two classes with him and he could never have even gotten in much less graduated if not for football." Dumb as a rock eventually was asked to find employment elsewhere and went into business for himself which folded in the first four months and I don't know what happened to him after that. I personally think schools which hand out fake diplomas should be forced to give those kind lifetime teacher contracts. It would serve them right.

I

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
The state media was paid to keep quiet in 2010. They knew everything that was going on that year, from Cam getting paid, academic cheating, the off the field issues. Everything. And I've spoken with someone who has explained it to me in great detail. Auburn should've gotten hammered by the NCAA. No two ways about it.
Well, all I can figger out is that, someone knows someone, who knows someone, who... etc.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Again - my problem is that too many of them WON'T admit it. It's not that they want to keep up with us - I mean, you SHOULD want to be the best - but too many of them just don't want to admit it.
A lot of Auburn people I know hate Alabama more than they actually love Auburn. It's like a sick and twisted cult mentality. It's why they rush the field after a home win over us every four years and they don't accomplish anything more than that. I just love it that they thought they ruined our year this year after they won only to sit back and watch their two biggest rivals play for the national championship. And, as a bonus, they lost their rematch with Georgia for the SEC Championship and lost to Central Florida in their bowl game. Payback for them is going to hell this year in Bryant Denny. But unlike them, our fans won't bum rush the field after we beat them.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.