Question: Whitehouse visit

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017
I don’t love your president. Respect? If that man has your respect and the team could lose it by doing anything short of murder or rape.... In fact, never mind. I’m sure they’ll go.

prattalumni

BamaNation Citizen
May 25, 2013
I don’t love your president. Respect? If that man has your respect and the team could lose it by doing anything short of murder or rape.... In fact, never mind. I’m sure they’ll go.
I won't take the bait, but enjoy the next seven years! ::cheers::

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
All i want to know is is the team going to the whitehouse or not?
This quote is not political, but your initial post is extremely political. To exclaim your love of a political figure and to say that you will not respect someone who takes a stand against a political figure you love is extremely political.......

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Since you are new to Tidefans I suggest you read and heed the rules. The Football board is just what it says. Any hint of political, religious or other non-football related comments will be moved to the Non Sports board. We realize being new you were not aware of this, just so you know going forward. The Mods on here are very strict about enforcing this. Just an FYI, enjoy Tidefans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have NO QUALM with PROFESSIONAL athletes opting out (James Harrison has avoided both Bush and Obama, and I'm sure he would have avoided Trump had New England won).

I think college athletes, however, should go and be required to go if the invitation is accepted.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I hope the players will go and without any incident or public statement.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Obama, George W and Clinton all turned my stomach just as much but respect for my country and that office means more than any feelings I have for them personally.
Trump hasn't respected the office since he's been there, and wasn't respecting the previous holders of it before that. As I said, when he starts showing some respect for the office I'll give it a shot. Not sure why I should have to continue to respect it when the person holding it doesn't respect it. The closest he came was claiming "I'm going to be so presidential you people will be so bored." I'm still waiting for that follow through.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Regardless what people think of whoever is in office, I think we should still respect the office.
Meh.

I'm not sure why we're supposed to respect any political office when the people who reside in them don't respect the people who put them there. This applies to (virtually?) every elected official in DC.

So, meh.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.