Refs Become the Storyline in West Virginia-Kansas Game

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Unconscionable. Huggins should pay any fine laid out for this - the refs have violated their own integrity here. Simply no way to justify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Kind of funny how every home team won in the SEC yesterday. Too many refs have become either 1. Gutless (scared to take booing from the home crowd) 2. Egotistical (See TV Teddy) and think the game is about them and love hearing the cheering of the home crowd when they make a huge call in the home teams favor.

Bob Huggins is 100% right. These refs are making good money for just a few hours. Being independent contractors as they are there is no one to hold them accountable for their performance. Something has to change. It is actually making some games unwatchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I caught the end of this game and they were horrible. Of course one of WVU's guards gave up an open 3 at the end and instead the pass was picked by Kansas. After the last no call Huggins finally had enough and I don't blame him one bit.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If I'm Huggins, whatever I'm fined I send a check for double the amount so I've prepaid for the next time I get hosed by a zebra crew and offer a critique of their abilities...

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
College basketball isn't the only level have serious problems with their refs, so is the NBA.

Quite frankly there is an unnerving amount of refs, who are trying to make themselves stars. Cowboy Joe West of MLB is the prime example of this crap.

Fans do NOT come to sporting events to watch refs parade around like buffoons. The fact that fans know the names of refs/umps is a telling sign that refs/umps are not doing their jobs properly.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Officiating has just about ruined college basketball for me. At one point during the Kentucky game they were calling one foul per minute - there were 14 minutes elapsed in the half and 14 fouls between the teams. That's just about 1 foul called per possession. Absolutely kills the flow and rhythm to the game which makes it hard to watch or stay interested in..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.