In depth YouTube video breakdown of all of Tua's 77 pass attempts on the season

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Back to Tua for a second. Every time I watch Tua I am more and more impressed with A) All of the small nuanced things he does well and B) How incredibly accurate he can be on a wide range of throws. Meanwhile, his mistakes seem to be purely a result of lack of experience. He just hasn't played enough football or been put in enough situations yet. He's incredibly impressive for such a young kid.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Back to Tua for a second. Every time I watch Tua I am more and more impressed with A) All of the small nuanced things he does well and B) How incredibly accurate he can be on a wide range of throws. Meanwhile, his mistakes seem to be purely a result of lack of experience. He just hasn't played enough football or been put in enough situations yet. He's incredibly impressive for such a young kid.
Excellent comments. There are hundreds of guys who can throw the football fifty yards or so but only a few who can throw a catchable ball, on time into a tight window of a moving target. Tua is blessed to be one of those.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Tua understands what the receivers are supposed to do on every play based on the defense. He is able to process that information very quickly. This allows him to have success against both man and zone defensive alignments. But his real strength is his willingness to throw the ball to the place where the receiver will be on a route based on those reads, often before that receiver has even made his break - and almost always before the receiver is open. Combine that with his accuracy and arm strength and you have passes that are almost impossible to defend.

Teams will have film on him next year, which means that they are going to work harder to disguise defenses. We will see how he does when he has to do more than make a decision based on a pre-snap read. He has shown skill on broken plays, but he has not been tested against a skilled defense that didn't give away their defense before the snap. Even Georgia was making their defense obvious on every play.

I expect greatness, but we really need to see some of these things.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Tua understands what the receivers are supposed to do on every play based on the defense. He is able to process that information very quickly. This allows him to have success against both man and zone defensive alignments. But his real strength is his willingness to throw the ball to the place where the receiver will be on a route based on those reads, often before that receiver has even made his break - and almost always before the receiver is open. Combine that with his accuracy and arm strength and you have passes that are almost impossible to defend.

Teams will have film on him next year, which means that they are going to work harder to disguise defenses. We will see how he does when he has to do more than make a decision based on a pre-snap read. He has shown skill on broken plays, but he has not been tested against a skilled defense that didn't give away their defense before the snap. Even Georgia was making their defense obvious on every play.

Yes the road to success in 2018 goes through Baton Rouge. There will be some very tough and sometimes unexpected challenges along the way.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

No doubt, opposing DCs aren't just going to stand back and do nothing, but he will have a couple of things going for him. First, they've basically seen him run about 5 plays, or so it seems, from watching Wyatt's videos. Lot's of options in those plays, but there's not tons to go on right now if your are studying film of Tua. The other thing is I imagine we'll have some much different looks from the new OC staff, especially considering the addition of Enos and the receivers coach. So yes, there will be a time when Tua will probably hit a wall like GMac did and AJM did, but Tua's talents may be such that it's not as bad as others with less talents.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.