Was Tua's sack planned??

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I don't think you are a loon, but I think you are wrong. CNS is risk averse. No way he would take a sack of any kind with a freshman QB in the biggest game of the year on the last play of the game. This takes away from the great play a very talented and well coached Georgia time made. They made a great D play and then we made a better O play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
These threads are more fun if folks read all of the replies before contributing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Of course it was planned. It was a ratings hype to boost next year's game. You didn't seen the Georgia defender trip on the sprinkler head on the touchdown pass?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Yes, I should have... and I stated that in an earlier post. It was supposed to be something we could all laugh and joke about....but, unfortunately for me it didn't work out that way. Oh well.
To me, it was obvious that it was planned because when you watch the slow motion end zone clip, you can see Lane Kiffin in the upper deck signalling TD.

blue font not needed :)

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Of course it was planned! But, not by Coach Saban. He was LIVID! Tua and DeVonta were on the sideline while Georgia was lining up for the field goal, acting all secretive and hush-hush. They kept casting furtive glances toward Coach Saban, afraid he would get wind of their diabolical scheme and put a stop to it. DeVonta told Tua he could outrun the defender but he would need more than 25 yards to do it so Tua suggested a 16 yard loss. Tua tipped his hand a little by looking for the 40-yard line before deciding he had gone back far enough. They just knew a 42-yard walk-off TD was going to put them in the Tidefans.com hall of fame!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Hey guys, this has had me wondering for a while now, and I'm finally brave enough to post about it. Lol. Call me loony if you wish but, does anybody else think that Saban had Tua take that sack on purpose on 1st down so that it would set us up for that vertical route?.. I mean, the safety never left the hash and Smitty was so wide open. We would've never ran that play had it been 2nd and short or whatever we would have gained or whatever they might of called. I mean look, I've watched those two plays a million times. Well, not that much, but you know what I mean. On the touchdown, I wonder if we baited the safety into thinking that the pass rush was going to sack Tua again, and he got caught up looking at the line instead of doing his job. I mean, go back and look at Coach Saban, when they show him on camera, after the sack, he doesn't look as angry as I've seen him before on other botched up plays. He looks pi**ed, but Idk, just not like I've seen him before. As I said before, as a result of that previous sack, the safety never left the hash mark, didn't even look at Smitty until he passed him, he's looking at the D line. If you go back before, IMO, Tua had time to throw the ball away before he got sacked. But, that loss of yardage set us up for that vertical route, safety got baited into looking at the pass rush thinking it would sack Tua again, and OOPS that didn't happen...It was Tua's arm, and game over.... I can't help it, I wonder if that was planned all along. Ok, here we go folks, tell me how crazy & stupid I am... lol:D
By Saban's immediate reaction after the sack I'd say not only "no" but "HECK NO!". No way that was planned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.