News Article: Mississippi State Fires Andy Cannizaro

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
There may not be a motorcycle involved, but it appears Mullen has a lot in common with Petrino when it comes to he and Begley.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Mullen or Andy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably both from what is being discussed on some of the message boards.

Seems she may have been involved with both. Which makes one wonder what uniquely qualified her to become the new Director of Recruiting at UF when Cousin Eddie took the Florida job?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Probably both from what is being discussed on some of the message boards.

Seems she may have been involved with both. Which makes one wonder what uniquely qualified her to become the new Director of Recruiting at UF when Cousin Eddie took the Florida job?
She was the coordinator of recruiting at State, so she had the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Lee Begley.. she is married to Bill Begley: http://www.emccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/begley_billy?view=bio

Keep that in mind she took the job in Florida while he stayed at EMCC....

One has to wonder if Lee will lose her marriage or her job at UF....

Ozark Ike

Feb 27, 2017
Come on Tide Fans...Enough of this GOSSIP...Time to show some Alabama Class and Compassion. Please reference John 8:7

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Another real promising coach done in by not being able to keep it in his pants.

Friendly reminder that nothing good comes from office affairs, so keep it zipped up y'all.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Is it gossip if we're discussing why he was fired?
A lot of my former HS classmates are alums of Miss St and are very involved in the baseball program. I've been told that the "atmosphere" around the baseball program has always been a "family" oriented feel. They really liked Cannizaro and many of them are very upset at what has transpired. He seemed like a good wholesome family man (according to one of my former classmates who actually spent some time around him) who fit right in with the culture of Miss St baseball. This was a complete shock to them. Many times coaches having affairs aren't news to people on campus and around the program. They just sweep it under the rug and turn the other cheek. But according to some of my friends, this was a total shock.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
A lot of my former HS classmates are alums of Miss St and are very involved in the baseball program. I've been told that the "atmosphere" around the baseball program has always been a "family" oriented feel. They really liked Cannizaro and many of them are very upset at what has transpired. He seemed like a good wholesome family man (according to one of my former classmates who actually spent some time around him) who fit right in with the culture of Miss St baseball. This was a complete shock to them. Many times coaches having affairs aren't news to people on campus and around the program. They just sweep it under the rug and turn the other cheek. But according to some of my friends, this was a total shock.
In all seriousness, it happens and it's unfortunate that it did. He made a huge mistake and hopefully it won't cost him his family. He'll be back soon enough, hopefully with his family in tact.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.