New Ole Miss-Mississippi State Drama

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I wonder if the thought is just to get the presiding Judge to grant discovery before he rules on Summary Judgement. I would also suspect that Mullen and grew would do anything to avoid being deposed under oath. These are my thoughts as a devout NON attorney.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
There's still digging to be done it looks like. One of the key witnesses in the case against Lindsey Miller is Hugh Freeze. ole' Hugh still hasn't let us know what he apologized for and he hasn't told us why he demanded his deposition in another case be sealed.
http://www.djournal.com/sports/coll...cle_2b0e4ab0-3e1a-5f1f-a87f-efb64b480f00.html

And then today, the NCAA pulls a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" and requests an extension to answering Ole Miss's appeal.

http://gridironnow.com/ncaa-extension-ole-miss-appeal/

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is a pretty entertaining article, actually.
This has me scratching my head. Anyone would know that trying Miss St in their county is not going to be fair. Imagine trying Bama players in Lee county who accused Auburn of cheating. I suppose judges are like the rest of our society now, false news and all.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
“This is Mississippi, however, and petty is significant.”

Having lived in the state for 18 years of my 48 on this planet, I can tell you that truer words were never spoken. My ex was a native and.....well, I’ll leave it at that, but the things they get riled up about....

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...erlocutory-appeals-rebel-rags-case/470712002/

The Federal judge who remanded the case back to Lafayette County Circuit Court is Michael P. Mills, Bachelor of Arts from Ole Miss in 1978; a Juris Doctor from the Ole Miss Law School in 1980 and father of Chip Mills, walk on WR at Ole Miss in 2002 and 2003.

The Judge who denied the change of venue, Kelly Luther, Bachelor of Arts Ole Miss, 1986 and Juris Doctor, Ole Miss Law, 1989. Other options at the Lafayette County Circuit Court are Andy Howorth, BBA Ole Miss 1984 Juris Dr., Ole Miss, 1987 and John A. Gregory from Okalona, MS, and has a BBA from Ole Miss in 1973 and a Law Degree from Mississippi College.

Now you can see just how stacked the deck is.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
eventually it will work its way into a tier where butthurt ole miss grads can't play reindeer games.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...erlocutory-appeals-rebel-rags-case/470712002/

The Federal judge who remanded the case back to Lafayette County Circuit Court is Michael P. Mills, Bachelor of Arts from Ole Miss in 1978; a Juris Doctor from the Ole Miss Law School in 1980 and father of Chip Mills, walk on WR at Ole Miss in 2002 and 2003.

The Judge who denied the change of venue, Kelly Luther, Bachelor of Arts Ole Miss, 1986 and Juris Doctor, Ole Miss Law, 1989. Other options at the Lafayette County Circuit Court are Andy Howorth, BBA Ole Miss 1984 Juris Dr., Ole Miss, 1987 and John A. Gregory from Okalona, MS, and has a BBA from Ole Miss in 1973 and a Law Degree from Mississippi College.

This is a waste of tax dollars. Any person with common sense would move the venue to a neutral county and not a home county. They need a recall election IMO.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is a waste of tax dollars. Any person with common sense would move the venue to a neutral county and not a home county. They need a recall election IMO.
Unfortunately, I have recently learned even more about good old boy justice and how people with connections can do whatever they like. The justice system has very little to do with honesty, integrity, and justice. Whether it is Guntersville, AL or some county in Mississippi, it is all about the money and the political connections.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Isn't defaming and slandering your opponent the foundation of good rivalries ? On a serious note, why can't Ole Miss recognize its own irrelevancy ?

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

Not really "new" - those who remember the sad days of the never-ending dubose era scandals, the late Logan Young was prosecuted, tried and convicted in Memphis TN for (in substance) withdrawing his own money from his own bank account. (Don't believe me?, look it up.)

IN ANY EVENT, my point is, the detectives and prosecutors who "investigated" the "crime", the prosecutors who pursued the case and argued it in Court, and the Judge who ruled on Young's fate were almost ALL UcheaT fans.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
It will go nowhere, but thanks for playing.

Shades of Tommy Gallion.
Tommy Gallion accomplished everything he really wanted to. If not for him....who would have ever known Phil 'Full of more' was the Secret Witness that was so valued by the ncaa hit squad? Or Doug Dickey's shenanigans? Or about what happened to Philip Shanks? I have zero issues with Gallion.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Not really "new" - those who remember the sad days of the never-ending dubose era scandals, the late Logan Young was prosecuted, tried and convicted in Memphis TN for (in substance) withdrawing his own money from his own bank account. (Don't believe me?, look it up.)

IN ANY EVENT, my point is, the detectives and prosecutors who "investigated" the "crime", the prosecutors who pursued the case and argued it in Court, and the Judge who ruled on Young's fate were almost ALL UcheaT fans.
The day the news of Young's death was released? Memphis homicide officials declared the Young case to be one of the worst homicide cases ever seen. Anyone recall Logan Young making the statement while in the courtroom? "I fear for my life". Or the immediate response by Roy Adams in suggesting that Young's son should be questioned for an alibi? The guilty have still not been punished IMO.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
http://www.djournal.com/sports/judg...cle_da92b530-73f8-5787-8042-dfa84a9a4230.html

Non-event. Judge is a double Ole Miss grad who grew up 20 miles from Oxford so this is just another stacked deck non-event that the sheep will rally around. They are still trying to force discovery.
Is this them trying to disprove that Leon Lewis ever stepped foot in Rebel Rags because his story is kinda shady sin RR doesn’t have theft devices on their merchandise ? Or is this about the whole case?

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Case is a defamation case brought by the store against the NCAA, Laremy Tunsil's step father and two Mississippi State players who all told the NCAA they got free gear at Rebel Rags. The NCAA then used that false information to penalize the Ole Miss program causing harm to reputation and business. At present the full statements are not available to RR's lawyers. NCAA filed a motion to dismiss because there was no defamation. Homer judge rules, yeah, there might be so we ain't gonna dismiss. Next set of motions forthcoming-----NCAA will keep this tied up for years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.