James "Hollywood" Robinson named '18 SEC Legend

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I remember Robinson taking over a few games. He could jump and had long arms and rebounded well along with the rest of his game.

I think Coach Sanderson brought him in as the 6th man when Robinson was a freshman. He had to learn that defense was a priority. Drove Sanderson nuts with some of his shot selection. Led the team in scoring even with Horry and Sprewell on the team.

Chewed bubblegum and blew bubbles while playing; maybe the only thing similar between his game and mine...

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Was in nashville maybe spring '92(?) for our sec tourney championship. Remember Hollywood's reaction when he was named all tourney team. One could tell it meant a lot to him! We did the entire tourney...and coulda sold the championship tickets for twice what we paid for the whole book...no way i was missing it. Loved the Tide, the plaid...and parquet!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Even though it didn't work out that game -- I've had a few people in my life tell me this was one of the best games they ever saw.....

Great highlights of Hollywood, Spree, and Horry -- geez the talent on the floor that day with Day, Mayberry and Miller was phenomenal

Tim Brando sucks....BTW

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Even though it didn't work out that game -- I've had a few people in my life tell me this was one of the best games they ever saw.....

Great highlights of Hollywood, Spree, and Horry -- geez the talent on the floor that day with Day, Mayberry and Miller was phenomenal

Tim Brando sucks....BTW
Watching Bama/Ark games was must see TV. Fast paced, full court games. I would put the talent on both teams up against just about any other two teams.

And yes, Brando sucks.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005

Tim Brando sucks....BTW
Alabama beat Arkansas that season in Tuscaloosa and also won 90-89 in the SEC tournament which was a fantastic game as well.

I had to watch this; serious talent on the floor. Arkansas got plenty of "bonus" points that game with Linn's shooting; he averaged 4 points a game that season.

One thing I noticed, despite all the 3 point shots, there were plenty of points scored from short to mid-range jump shots and bank shots. These hardly exist at Bama right now.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Alabama beat Arkansas that season in Tuscaloosa and also won 90-89 in the SEC tournament which was a fantastic game as well.

I had to watch this; serious talent on the floor. Arkansas got plenty of "bonus" points that game with Linn's shooting; he averaged 4 points a game that season.

One thing I noticed, despite all the 3 point shots, there were plenty of points scored from short to mid-range jump shots and bank shots. These hardly exist at Bama right now.
Spree was phenomenal in the short game .... notice how few dunks there were?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I remember the SEC Game -- tried to find it, couldn't..... wasn't that the Elliott Washington 3 at the buzzer game?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Spree was phenomenal in the short game .... notice how few dunks there were?
Sanderson wasn't a fan of the dunk.

Remember (memory isn't always correct) Benoit missing one against Loyola-Marymount...

I remember the SEC Game -- tried to find it, couldn't..... wasn't that the Elliott Washington 3 at the buzzer game?
I think you are correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.