Link: "Most Hated Teams."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO, it is great when you are at the top, but not great to have to deal with the bile that comes with the hatred.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Glad to be at the top ! If we ever make the most loved team, we will be losing every game and buying the after game meal for the victor. Let em starve and whine is the better option ! RTR

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I thought it was stupid. Adding TexA&M Just because Jimbos there. They haven't done anything yet. I do agree with Bama at the top. Also, my list would have OSU at the top, and about to come under HEAVY sanctions and very, very, very possibly the death penalty. Like 200% probable. But hey, thats just me having lived in Ohio for 7 years... Oh, the hate is flowing tonight...

PS, No offense meant B1GTide!!!!!!! You are top shelf in my book.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IMO, it is great when you are at the top, but not great to have to deal with the bile that comes with the hatred.
I got accustomed to it during the Bryant years and actually missed it through the Dubose/Shula years. Naw, I'll take it. I just smile. It eats them up... :D

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I agree with the top 4 and us at #1. Not sure why A&M is in the top 10 even with them hiring Jimbo. Just odd to include them.
Maybe because of their over pubicized traditions? All that arm over arm swaying that they do during games?? Other than that? They are hated mostly in Oklahoma and Austin.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Over the last few years, how many “We want Bama!” signs have you seen? I know I’ve seen a bunch. Coincidentally, it usually isn’t being waved by our next opponent.

I’ll take being hated any day.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
For those unaware, my sig-file translates to Let them hate, so long as they fear.
I was just about to say that until I saw your post, CA.

Like Earle, I'm old enough to have first-hand memory of being hated under Bryant's second glory run in the 70s.

A lot of us have painful memories of the 25 year walk in the wilderness after his death (Stallings oasis from 1990-94 excepted). We weren't hated then. Eventually, we were actually mocked.

The worst was other fanbases analogizing us to Delta Dawn, wandering through the streets mumbling, "I used to be pretty....I used to be pretty..." That one hurt -- bad -- because there was so much truth in it.

Even during our dark times, there was an undercurrent of dread from opponents. They knew it was a matter of time before we came back. Nobody, not even our own fanbase, expected the current run. But everybody knew we wouldn't be down forever. So there was a sense of false bravado from pretty much any program in orange.

So, yes, I'm loving this. I've been hated for success. I've been mocked for struggles. Hated is infinitely better.

For differing reasons they always fear us. When we're on top, as now, they fear the physical beating. When we're struggling, as 1983-2006, they know it's just a matter of time before we storm back, and they fear the inevitable clock striking midnight.

Let them hate, so long as they fear. And they do fear.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
From Saban's introductory press conference, January 4, 2007:

"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them. Their effort, their toughness, relentless resiliency, go out every play and focus, play the next play, compete for 60 minutes in the game, I can't handle that. That's the kind of football team we want."

ROLL TIDE

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Bo Scarbrough said he liked playing on the road so I guess he actually enjoyed being hated. All road teams get booed when entering opponents stadiums but when you're Bama and get an extra loud chorus of boos it shows respect in a strange kind of way. Being hated means you're good. If people don't hate you it means they don't view you as a threat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.