Link: "Most Hated Teams."

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Over the last few years, how many “We want Bama!” signs have you seen? I know I’ve seen a bunch. Coincidentally, it usually isn’t being waved by our next opponent.

I’ll take being hated any day.
I just googled 'We want Bama' signs and it is fabulous. This is my favorite.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that I am putting on my Captain Obvious hat here, but Saban was focused on making teams/players hate playing Alabama because of what Alabama brought into every game. Fan hatred is something else entirely. Other teams may hate playing Alabama, but they respect Alabama. Fans who hold this kind of jealous hatred skip right past the respect. They begin to prop all sorts of conspiracy theories to invalidate the achievements of the hated.

The kind of hatred that Saban has achieved on the field is healthy. The stuff happening between fan bases is not.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I know that I am putting on my Captain Obvious hat here, but Saban was focused on making teams/players hate playing Alabama because of what Alabama brought into every game. Fan hatred is something else entirely. Other teams may hate playing Alabama, but they respect Alabama. Fans who hold this kind of jealous hatred skip right past the respect. They begin to prop all sorts of conspiracy theories to invalidate the achievements of the hated.

The kind of hatred that Saban has achieved on the field is healthy. The stuff happening between fan bases is not.

True every word of it, but still I have to admit I like being the slum lord a lot more than I've liked being one of the slum dwellers.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
solid list other than ATM.. Hiring JImbo cant put them that high on the hate list this quickly. I'd put Arbrun on there before ATM.. They picked up a lot of hate after the Cam saga. the whole buying a national championship thing

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
"What you think about me says more about you than it does about me."

We never know another person/fan base/team as they really are, only as we view them through the lenses of our personal biases. When we reject another we are showing what is inside of us, not who they really are.

If you "hate" me -- then I have learned more about you...

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
There are teams I love to see Alabama destroy, and some I enjoy seeing get beat no matter who beats them. Tennessee is one that I always want Bama to humiliate. In football, hate often depends on coaches or certain players. I despised Miami for years because of a run of coaches and thug players. Not so much lately and even less with Richt unless he proves to be less than I think. Some teams I just enjoy seeing them lose. Of course the barn is one. Any sport, any opponent, anytime, anywhere. Closely behind them is Georgia Tech. As I stated before, I love to humiliate Tennessee when Alabama plays them, but I don't have as much hate when they play others. It kind of depends on who they are playing. Especially in basketball, as long as Bama beats them, I don't care about the rest.

The point of this is the most hated teams overall though, and I too love being hated by others. It just means you are consistently whipping their @ss!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.