News Article: Some states introduce bills to ban youth tackle football

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let's see - playgrounds, diving boards, bikes, gymnastics, soccer, baseball, softball, horseback riding, skateboards, tree houses...on and on should be banned for kids based on the the line of thinking youth football is the poster child for head injuries. It is not. All activities have a risk. It is up to the individual, or their guardian, to decide what is in the best interest. Everything in life is risk-reward and I wouldn't trade anything for the experiences I have had playing football and all the rest. Back to your question..........

"Football continues to hog the spotlight when it comes to concussions, but a new report from the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons shows female soccer players are the athletes who face the highest risk for brain injuries."
FULL STORY

Maybe, before you rant, you should read the entire thread. This was my first point, that the injuries themselves should be the focus, not just a sport like football. You are ranting at me about something that we agree upon. But that does not make soccer among children as dangerous as tackle football in the same age group (younger than 12).

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Re: Bills to ban youth tackle football

Maybe that's what's wrong with me, to many head on collisions while hitting the line!
Of course our helmets, late '50's, weren't anything like what they have now!
Or are likely to have in the future!
Just had a thought, maybe they'll start playing the game with players in those bubble like things...!

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Maybe, before you rant, you should read the entire thread. This was my first point, that the injuries themselves should be the focus, not just a sport like football. You are ranting at me about something that we agree upon. But that does not make soccer among children as dangerous as tackle football in the same age group (younger than 12).
You amaze me. Soccer among girls' soccer alone under age 12 has more reported head injuries than same age tackle football. In fact more than all youth sports including boy's soccer. This same debate has been on the thread before and just keeps getting fueled by completely false information. As for rant...Not at all. Last time I "ranted" at you was when you were using an altered picture as evidence of whether or not there was a first down in a Michigan ohio st. game.

Last edited:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Re: Bills to ban youth tackle football

I believe what you are saying, but I am also feeling that some coaches don't teach proper techniques anymore with the younger kids.
I’m willing to bet sound coaching is significantly undermined by the SportsCenter highlights of defenders “blowing up” opponents with bad/dangerous technique...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.