Harvard's New President - Under Attack Because of His Skin Color

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
https://www.nysun.com/national/harvards-new-president-finds-a-teaching-moment/90196/

Harvard University had only just announced its next president before he came under attack — not for anything he did, but for who he is.

That is, in the eyes of his critics, at least, a “white male.”

The New York Times greeted the selection with a news article reporting in its second paragraph that, in selecting Lawrence Bacow earlier this month, the search committee had missed “an opportunity for Harvard to choose a leader who would reflect the #MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements.”

Harvard’s student newspaper, the Crimson, of which I was president 25 years ago, reported that the announcement, “surprised and disappointed some College students who had hoped a person of color would take the University’s top job.”

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Does he own a gun? Did he vote for Trump? These are questions that should have been asked up front.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I find it funny how this anti-racism movement seems to get hung up on a person's skin color more then the racists they are calling out.

In the end it is all racism, even though one side doesn't want to admit that they are racist as well.

Everyone's a little bit
Racist, it's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone
Stopped being so P.C.,
Maybe we could
Live in -- harmony!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
“an opportunity for Harvard to choose a leader who would reflect the #MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements.”
So white guys are apparently an isolationist demographic of the United States. Not just that but apparently ALL white guys are both racists and misogynist/sexual predator. Yes ALL white guys.

Ruben Reyes, Jr got smacked around really good in that article. I think Reyes owes Mr. Bacow an apology. He won't, but he should.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
:rolleyes:
Martin Luther King said:
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
(note: the eye roll is not to the MLK quote, just to clear that up).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.