Question: Alabama Spring Game

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Unfortunately no...You need tickets for the Zones. I could be wrong, but I don't think those are up for public consumption...Still one of the best days of the year with tons to see and do!!! RTR!!!
They serve "free" food in the Zone sections for A day and it's first come first serve???

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Unfortunately no...You need tickets for the Zones. I could be wrong, but I don't think those are up for public consumption...Still one of the best days of the year with tons to see and do!!! RTR!!!
OK, I didn't figure they's feed you for free on A-day.

We sat in the zone a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was a UT game that was pretty cold. Halftime was a nice time to warm up and eat, eat, eat!!!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
After thinking on this subject some more, I've decided to tell the truth about sitting in the North or South Zone for A-Day: it's awful and I highly recommend against it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
If you haven't been to The Zone(s) I'd highly recommend it. (For 1 game) Beautiful facility, great food, very comfortable, and you have a "liquor locker"that you stock with your personal favorites for your consumption during the game.(The locker belongs to whomever owns the seats.)It's as close to the comforts of home you can get at a ball game.I just don't dig the EZ view..RTR!!!
OK, I didn't figure they's feed you for free on A-day.

We sat in the zone a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was a UT game that was pretty cold. Halftime was a nice time to warm up and eat, eat, eat!!!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
If you mean Alabama athletics, no. None of them have memorabilia, pictures, etc., on the walls.

For that, I'd suggest:
-- Phil's Wings on the Strip -- good pub grub.

-- The original Dreamland in Jersulam Heights. Not owned by the Bishop family anymore (interesting IRS story there). I still think they have the best ribs, and this location is about as Alabama as you can get.

-- Nick's in the Sticks -- about a 15-20 minute drive to Eutaw. Been there since dirt...my parents went on dates there in the '50s. The original owner, Nick Delgado, died some years ago, and it's changed hands a few times. About as Alabama a roadhouse as you're going to find. I haven't been in a long time, so I don't have a bead on current quality.

-- The City Cafe in Northport. Breakfast and lunch. Old school meat and three, and an all-time classic. Gets really crowded at prime lunchtime, so either get there before 11:30 or after 1:00, or budget some wait time.

If you mean unique to the place, I'd put River in that category. It's right on the river and there are lots of tables outside, which is really nice in the right weather. Menu items are all sourced locally, so it's distinctively Alabama in that sense. Neat mix of upscale and casual. The best phrase I can come up with to describe it is, "blue jean formal."
Gonna get blasted for this, but I have never been that impressed with Dreamland.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Don't know what route you will be taking but if you get close to Decatur Al stop at Big Bob Gibson's. The home of white BBQ sauce and some real good BBQ. Also their Coconut cream pie is pretty good too. Was still warm when they served it last time I was there. RTR

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Jim and Nick's is now in Bluffton and Charleston, SC....thank the good Lord I don't have to eat NC bbq anymore.
I used to love Jim and Nick's sides. Their Mac N Cheese and Potato Salad were great at the Montgomery location when they first opened. I would buy it and serve the potato salad as my home made when to lazy around the holiday.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Are any of those places distinctively "Alabama"? I can eat in nice restaurants anywhere. I want an entire weekend filled with "Alabama".
Then go to Walmart. I kid, I kid. Most of the strip eateries give you a nice college experience. I do love DePalma’s but it’s not distinctly Bama. I’ll be there for the spring game too, it’s my son’s fraternity family weekend. We are bringing our high schooler and his friend. I’m sure I’ll lose him too in 2 years. *sigh* I’ll be back two weeks after that to help my son move out and my wife and I are going to a concert at the Amphitheater. We are going to try Five beforehand.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If you mean Alabama athletics, no. None of them have memorabilia, pictures, etc., on the walls.

For that, I'd suggest:
-- Phil's Wings on the Strip -- good pub grub.
-- The original Dreamland in Jersulam Heights. Not owned by the Bishop family anymore (interesting IRS story there). I still think they have the best ribs, and this location is about as Alabama as you can get.

-- Nick's in the Sticks -- about a 15-20 minute drive to Eutaw. Been there since dirt...my parents went on dates there in the '50s. The original owner, Nick Delgado, died some years ago, and it's changed hands a few times. About as Alabama a roadhouse as you're going to find. I haven't been in a long time, so I don't have a bead on current quality.

-- The City Cafe in Northport. Breakfast and lunch. Old school meat and three, and an all-time classic. Gets really crowded at prime lunchtime, so either get there before 11:30 or after 1:00, or budget some wait time.

If you mean unique to the place, I'd put River in that category. It's right on the river and there are lots of tables outside, which is really nice in the right weather. Menu items are all sourced locally, so it's distinctively Alabama in that sense. Neat mix of upscale and casual. The best phrase I can come up with to describe it is, "blue jean formal."
Yes, so did I. :) We called it "Nicksville"...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Well originally they never had sides. Ribs, white bread, canned beer & sodas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah - I don't go to dreamland for sides. Dreamland is all about maxing out on the protein and the sides would just be an obstacle to that! in addition to the soda they also had sweet tea right?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
yeah - I don't go to dreamland for sides. Dreamland is all about maxing out on the protein and the sides would just be an obstacle to that! in addition to the soda they also had sweet tea right?
I don't go to Dreamland because Archibald's is just flat-out better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.