Question: Alabama Spring Game

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
City Cafe is a great place to take a family too. Doesn't hurt the wallet to buy lunch for four there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The A-Day Experience Upgrades are now on sale. Three of them are already sold out so, if you're interested in something, I would recommend doing it quickly.
Wanted to thank you on the board - booked the locker room tour before it sold out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Glad to be of assistance!

Did you guys decide to go for some of the reserved seating?
We are going to be there very early, so no. Besides, we want to move around the stadium before, during and after the game. This really isn't about watching the game for us - more about taking in the whole area. We are going to come back during the season to watch another game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Talked to my wife last night and we decided to book the zone club seating for the game. She wanted it as a sort of insurance against a bad weather game. She is really getting stoked for this trip. We have our hotel booked and are ready to Roll.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Talked to my wife last night and we decided to book the zone club seating for the game. She wanted it as a sort of insurance against a bad weather game. She is really getting stoked for this trip. We have our hotel booked and are ready to Roll.
North or South?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
North was sold out, so we booked South. I looked at pictures of both lounges and they look very different, but either would serve our purpose.
The biggest advantage to the North Zone, imho, is that you can get there early and have a great, birds-eye view of the Walk of Champions. The biggest advantage to the South Zone, imho, is that - for at least part of the game - some of the seats will be shaded.

With both, of course, you still get free refills on beverages and air-conditioned bathrooms with short lines, so...

I didn't see it listed on the summary but, in years past, you got one free program for every two passes purchased in the Zones.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Will we have enough guys to have two defensive backfields and/or two groups of wideouts? Will they just run it as a situational practice or really play a game? I was listening to an Aub on the radio saying there was no way they could have an actual spring game because they don't have but like seven offensive linemen and a couple of wide receivers. '

rtr

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
The biggest advantage to the South Zone, imho, is that - for at least part of the game - some of the seats will be shaded.
This is HUGE in my opinion. The North Zone is great, but you stare right into the sun for the entire game. The entire top half of the South Zone will be in the shade, and even in the "sunny" lower half the sun is behind you rather than in your face. (Guess you can tell I have season tickets in the South Zone :cool2::smile:)

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
City Cafe is a great place to take a family too. Doesn't hurt the wallet to buy lunch for four there.
Don't forget they are only open Monday through Friday from 4am to 3pm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hey everyone. We will be arriving at about 7am on Saturday for the festivities. Is Central High School the best parking option, and will I be able to park there at 7am? Looks to be about a half mile away, so not too far to walk.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hey everyone. We will be arriving at about 7am on Saturday for the festivities. Is Central High School the best parking option, and will I be able to park there at 7am? Looks to be about a half mile away, so not too far to walk.
If it is not the bowling alley at 15th & Hackberry will most likely be open for parking as well as the lot behind the bakery on 15th & Hackberry. Neither is a bad walk - watch for trains [emoji577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
Druid City Brewing on 14th near the high school in the strip malls across the street. Great beers. Try the Northporter Porter if you like porters. One of the best I've ever had. Hole in the wall joint, but you won't be sorry you went. Drooling for one now thinking about it. Oh, well. I'll go grab a Shiner Bock for now. It'll have to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
If you can get to Druid City Brewery (close to Central HS), get the Northporter. Probably the best beer I've ever had.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.