Question: Alabama Spring Game

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
A little irked about the coverage today too. They cut away in the middle of the 4th quarter to show Georgia. I know it's just a spring practice game, but some of us enjoy seeing the whole thing without having to hunt down the game again on the app. While it *was* going on, KH kept talking about other sports throughout, which was kind of annoying.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hate hearing about yall's experince today at A-Day, but, our Boy's looked to be be in great shape on the bright side..I can't wait to see Brian Robinson tote the ball more this coming season & thought he looked amazing running the ball..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I’m glad BIGTide’s A-Day experience went/is going good!

Ours didn’t go so well. My girlfriend has never been to a Bama game and I thought today I would finally get to take her to at least A-Day when I saw that they had an upgrade to reserve seating in the shaded area of the stadium. She has sensitivity to the sun, so sitting out in the direct sunlight for several hours ruled out midday games for me and her to attend.

We got inside stadium a little over an hour before kickoff and went to the section instructed in my upgrade instructions only to see that there were no ushers checking credentials and anyone and everyone had completely filled all the seats (save for one seat here or there scattered throughout). There were several other people in the same situation. We searched to try and find 2 seats together until kickoff.

I emailed the Bama game day experience support, and it was an absolute joke. I felt like I was dealing with Verizon or the cable company customer service reps. I explained that there were no stadium staff restricting anyone from accessing the seating area that we paid for a seat in, and in turn, anyone and everyone had filled the area and there were no seats over an hour before kickoff. I got this response 3 different times, after 3 times of thoroughly going into detail what the issue was... “so sir, do you mean that the stadium staff is not giving you access to the area? We are dispatching additional staff to your area to help current staff address your problem”. We finally saw 2 different ushers come up later at two of the entrances that were only there to tell people the section was filled up. I told them what was going on and they just shrugged their shoulders like “sorry”.

I finally sent a 4th email saying “no, I don’t have access because the seating is full in the area I paid to have 2 seats in, and now the game is already started, so we are leaving”. They never replied back.

I am so glad I didn’t decide to pay $40 to put a message on the Jumbotron to my girlfriend on her first time at BDS like I was so close to doing. I’d be out gas, parking, and seat upgrade fees, plus the $40 for a message she never got to see. It’s gonna take a lot of persuading to get her to go back after this I’m afraid. The folks we encountered were also being uncharacteristically rude today as well by running into us many many times and bullying their way around in the crowds. I’ve personally been to many games in years past and never had the problem like today. All of this was her first impression though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also vouch for this story. We ended up sitting in the lower section.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I just wanted to add to my earlier post regarding our Bama game day experience upgrade fiasco. Several hours after we had got home, I did receive another email from their support staff (although after reading back over the previous replies I had received I’m about 90% positive the replies I was receiving were pre generated responses instead of an actual person responding.)

The last reply said they contacted another member of the staff and I would hear back from them at the first of the week during EST business hours. It’s nice to know that the staff that’s supposed to handle a problem you have with an upgrade you purchase at BDS is sitting somewhere in an eastern time zone and works M-F when your problem is going to most likely always be on a Saturday!

I’m not holding my breath, but if they do, i’ll post the details of what happens.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I took my parents and my wife to A Day, and my mother is disabled and uses a powered Hover round chair...............we spoke to a few people, and someone came up and gave us a pass to use the elevator that took us to the very top of the stadium where she could park her chair and watch the game..........and then my wife and I walked what must have seemed like 20 miles to find something for her to eat and drink. Once we returned the concession stand at the top had opened............man, was I tired. We left before the end of the game to beat the traffic..............I did get to speak to Leroy Jordan in the Bryant Museum

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I had a great A-day experience. It was my son’s fraternity’s family day. I was with my bride plus our 16 year old son and his friend, both HS sophomores. We started early, knowing we were not going to the game in order to spend more time with our Bama student. We got in the stadium as the alumni flag football game was happening and a entered in the gate that leads to the upper deck. As we ascended the spiral of hell, a cart stopped and offered to bring us to the top. They were doing this courtesy all day. We got good pics of the stadium and headed out.

Walking towards the front of the stadium, we were randomly stopped by a guy who offered us free Zone tickets. We politely declined. In the front, we saw people lined up for the walk of champions. Thinking that would be cool for the boys to see, we found a good spot. I asked the people around me what time to expect the players and no one knew. “what kind of fans are you” I joked, but no one laughed. Uh oh, serious t shirt fans. Google search revealed players wouldn’t arrive for another 55 min. On to the next spot, Denny Chimes, where the band was prepping. We got there just in time to see them play Yea Alabama. They played more, but that’s all I can name.

Went to the fraternity house and enjoyed the glorious weather. Game was on their TVs. We walked the strip after the game and just found everyone to be super nice. It helps to wear a crimson hat, both my boys had Bama shirts on. We watched the Pelicans game back at our place and ate at Heat pizza for dinner.

This morning I chuckled when a guy at Mass wore his salmon colored jacket. It wasn’t Saban, he must have gone to the earlier Mass.

We ate at 5 for brunch today. It was quite good. Just a great weekend in T town.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just wanted to add to my earlier post regarding our Bama game day experience upgrade fiasco. Several hours after we had got home, I did receive another email from their support staff (although after reading back over the previous replies I had received I’m about 90% positive the replies I was receiving were pre generated responses instead of an actual person responding.)

The last reply said they contacted another member of the staff and I would hear back from them at the first of the week during EST business hours. It’s nice to know that the staff that’s supposed to handle a problem you have with an upgrade you purchase at BDS is sitting somewhere in an eastern time zone and works M-F when your problem is going to most likely always be on a Saturday!

I’m not holding my breath, but if they do, i’ll post the details of what happens.

I received the same email as well. If all fails, I plan to contact the supporting staff by phone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.