Question: Alabama Spring Game

TD7

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2017
Did anyone remember seeing Slade Bolden playing at safety in the A-Day Game? I don't remember seeing him out there.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Let me know how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My letter to The University is going out in today's mail.

And my expectation is that my complaint will be Totally IGNORED. My last name isn't "Drummond" or "Bryant", so I'm fairly confident that my letter will be relegated to "File 13" - that is to say - thrown away as soon as it arrives. UA doesn't give a rat's "behind" about its rank-and-file alumni.

But sometimes you do things, not because you expect to be heard or to gain a result, but simply because it's the right thing to do.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
My letter to The University is going out in today's mail.

And my expectation is that my complaint will be Totally IGNORED. My last name isn't "Drummond" or "Bryant", so I'm fairly confident that my letter will be relegated to "File 13" - that is to say - thrown away as soon as it arrives. UA doesn't give a rat's "behind" about its rank-and-file alumni.

But sometimes you do things, not because you expect to be heard or to gain a result, but simply because it's the right thing to do.
Wow, your panties are in quite a bunch over a $10 benefit you failed to receive from a third party vendor!

Yes, that particular experience upgrade should have been better administered and, in light of failing to receive the benefit, you probably ought to be reimbursed.

However, I highly doubt the University is going to worry too much about a $10 issue for a few people when hundreds, if not thousands, of people have perfectly enjoyed the experience upgrades they received at this year's A-Day game and other years' games - almost all of which cost significantly more than $10 and occurred not just on A-Day but also during regular season football games and basketball games as well.

After all, these are benefits offered to the fans by a third party vendor - not just to Alabama fans but to fans at many venues across the country. I'm sure the University isn't going to want to jeopardize that relationship over one, obviously overreacting alumnus.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
My last name isn't "Drummond" or "Bryant", so I'm fairly confident that my letter will be relegated to "File 13" - that is to say - thrown away as soon as it arrives.
Dumb question -I know who Bryant is, but who is Drummond? The Dad from Diff’rent Strokes?

I think you are overreacting, it’s a spring game for goodness sakes.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Dumb question -I know who Bryant is, but who is Drummond? The Dad from Diff’rent Strokes?

I think you are overreacting, it’s a spring game for goodness sakes.
Coal baron family long influential in UA athletics. The recently-deceased Gary Drummond was close to a billionaire...
My uncle, who worked for Drummond Coal, was close friends with Gary Drummond. I went to countless Bama games in the late 70's and early 80's with my uncle because Gary usually offered my uncle 4 tickets a week to our homegames and sometimes to away games.

I grew up in Walker County and at one time most men who lived there worked for Drummond Coal and many of them made more money than other college educated men in other fields.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.