Link: Updated Roster Reveals Early Enrollee Numbers, Number Changes

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
coming out of last spring, Moses was the fastest ILB, with Mack being second. Both significantly faster 40 times than Evans, whose speed on the field was obvious above and beyond the peer group.
Just those clips of Evans destroying offensive lineman alone should have been enough to put him in the 1st round. Injuries concerns may have bumped him - and trying to do too much while hurt in the middle of the season. When healthy, he's a 1st round draft pick.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Both Mack and Moses were running 40s that should make lineman, running back and receivers crap their pants - because almost none of them will win a foot race against these genetic freaks of nature.

Mack ran a 4.59
Moses ran a 4.46 - that was faster than Jerry Jeudy. In fact it was faster than all but 2 wide receivers.

To give some perspective Derrick Henry ran a 4.54 at the combine. Heck Amari Cooper ran a 4.42 at the combine.

I don't think any other team will have faster starting linebackers.

You are talking about a guy who is 6'3 235lbs out-sprinting NFL caliber wide receivers. That's Olympic level stuff.
The only players in the Saban era can think of that have equally or more impressive height/weight/speed/movement skills combos are OJ Howard and Julio.

Julio ran a 4.39 at 6'3" and 220 lbs

OJ ran a 4.51 at 6'6" 251 lbs (plus his 3 cone and 20 yd shuffle were insane for a man that size)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just those clips of Evans destroying offensive lineman alone should have been enough to put him in the 1st round. Injuries concerns may have bumped him - and trying to do too much while hurt in the middle of the season. When healthy, he's a 1st round draft pick.
It will be close on 1st round for Raashan but think he makes it. I think he is the #4 projected LB and this should get him in the 1st round. Plus teams will love his knowledge, leadership and personality.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Both Mack and Moses were running 40s that should make lineman, running back and receivers crap their pants - because almost none of them will win a foot race against these genetic freaks of nature.

Mack ran a 4.59
Moses ran a 4.46 - that was faster than Jerry Jeudy. In fact it was faster than all but 2 wide receivers.

To give some perspective Derrick Henry ran a 4.54 at the combine. Heck Amari Cooper ran a 4.42 at the combine.

I don't think any other team will have faster starting linebackers.

You are talking about a guy who is 6'3 235lbs out-sprinting NFL caliber wide receivers. That's Olympic level stuff.
Lord Jesus

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
agree. Evans also has great measurables and i think will show or at the combine, but mack and Moses are going to be something to see over the next few years.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The only players in the Saban era can think of that have equally or more impressive height/weight/speed/movement skills combos are OJ Howard and Julio.

Julio ran a 4.39 at 6'3" and 220 lbs

OJ ran a 4.51 at 6'6" 251 lbs (plus his 3 cone and 20 yd shuffle were insane for a man that size)
And I think Julio had a broken bone in his foot when he ran that too

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2018 Roster

Rolltide.com has added a few names to its list. I’m not sure if all of the heights and weights have been updated yet. A couple of names of note on the D-line were Joseph Sewell and Galen Richardson.

Roster
http://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Joseph Sewell
https://247sports.com/Player/Joeseph-Sewell-83320

Galen Richardson
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5611319/Galen-Richardson
I am sure the two new names you have referenced are walk-ons.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Rolltide.com has added a few names to its list. I’m not sure if all of the heights and weights have been updated yet. A couple of names of note on the D-line were Joseph Sewell and Galen Richardson.

Roster
http://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Joseph Sewell
https://247sports.com/Player/Joeseph-Sewell-83320

Galen Richardson
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5611319/Galen-Richardson
That is an impressive list of individuals, both players and coaches. There is a lot of returning experience, but we are still loaded with underclassmen so we should be able to win a few more championships in a row. :) I hope these guys work hard and come together with common goals and bring another title next year. Dang, I'm greedy when it comes to Bama winning.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I am sure the two new names you have referenced are walk-ons.
Richardson went to the HS next to our district and I'm pretty sure he was an OT there and don't recall him being a defensive player, so I'd lean toward the walkon thing there also. that said, I also don't think he was 295 in HS, so maybe a late(ish) bloomer that's added weight and strength - one never knows with what we have seen from a few walkons in the program.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Neither Richardson nor Sewell are listed in the 2017 Media Guide. They were probably midseason walk-ons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.