Link: Updated Roster Reveals Early Enrollee Numbers, Number Changes

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The other difference is Trevon Diggs being listed as a defensive back / wide receiver. The junior worked exclusively with the cornerbacks last season after starting his career as a wideout. The Tide has six openings to fill in its secondary this offseason due to departures.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I've been wondering if Diggs is better at WR. Problem its a lot harder to get snaps there because of the depth. Hope he finds a way onto the field this season.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Moses is the next star. He was tearing it up before hurting his foot. I remember him having 16 tackles in the Mercer game.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Reuben knocked himself out on numerous occasions.
That may be a good thing...less chance of injury. I still believe that Foster and even Evans hurt themselves by hitting so hard...a body can only take so much force, no matter where it comes from...
Yea in some ways it probably is a good thing. But it was a lot of fun to see him wreck a guy (Chad Kelly).

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Moses is the next, next star IMO. Mack Wilson is the next star.
I think Moses might outshine Wilson by the end of the season. Similarly to Reuben and Ragland. I loved Ragland but it was clear that Foster was even more special.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
That may be a good thing...less chance of injury. I still believe that Foster and even Evans hurt themselves by hitting so hard...a body can only take so much force, no matter where it comes from...
Foster certainly did. His lack of tackling form was the reason he took so long to get into the real playing rotation. Coaches were afraid he'd get himself injured and didn't want him to be a bigger part of the rotation with that risk.

Evans brought the lumber also, with even a little more speed than Foster, but he always had much better form so he wasn't as big of a risk to himself.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think Moses might outshine Wilson by the end of the season. Similarly to Reuben and Ragland. I loved Ragland but it was clear that Foster was even more special.
Moses is special but so is Wilson. Mack is very athletic, instinctive and fast also (not as fast as Moses). Mack will be a 1st rounder next year and then it will be Moses turn to be "the man". Reggie was the man during his last year. Reuben is the best we have had IMO.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Moses is special but so is Wilson. Mack is very athletic, instinctive and fast also (not as fast as Moses). Mack will be a 1st rounder next year and then it will be Moses turn to be "the man". Reggie was the man during his last year. Reuben is the best we have had IMO.
I don't really disagree. I just think Moses might stand out in the way that Reuben did during Ragland's last season. Ragland was the man at LB but it was clear that Foster would likely be better when Ragland was gone. Not at all a knock on Ragland because he is and was a fantastic player but you could see how special Reuben was. I think a similar situation could play out this year (to be clear I think Mack is better than Ragland as a pro prospect). The only thing that could possibly hold Moses back is if he can't grasp the mental component fully. It's not just Moses's speed either, his movement skills are absurd for a guy listed at 6'3" 230. And IIRC he tested very well in spring when it came to weight lifting as well. I think he was one of the top performing LBs.

Basically, Wilson should be very good and is very gifted athletically but Moses is really special athletically.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I don't really disagree. I just think Moses might stand out in the way that Reuben did during Ragland's last season. Ragland was the man at LB but it was clear that Foster would likely be better when Ragland was gone. Not at all a knock on Ragland because he is and was a fantastic player but you could see how special Reuben was. I think a similar situation could play out this year (to be clear I think Mack is better than Ragland as a pro prospect). The only thing that could possibly hold Moses back is if he can't grasp the mental component fully. It's not just Moses's speed either, his movement skills are absurd for a guy listed at 6'3" 230. And IIRC he tested very well in spring when it came to weight lifting as well. I think he was one of the top performing LBs.

Basically, Wilson should be very good and is very gifted athletically but Moses is really special athletically.
coming out of last spring, Moses was the fastest ILB, with Mack being second. Both significantly faster 40 times than Evans, whose speed on the field was obvious above and beyond the peer group.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
coming out of last spring, Moses was the fastest ILB, with Mack being second. Both significantly faster 40 times than Evans, whose speed on the field was obvious above and beyond the peer group.
Both Mack and Moses were running 40s that should make lineman, running back and receivers crap their pants - because almost none of them will win a foot race against these genetic freaks of nature.

Mack ran a 4.59
Moses ran a 4.46 - that was faster than Jerry Jeudy. In fact it was faster than all but 2 wide receivers.

To give some perspective Derrick Henry ran a 4.54 at the combine. Heck Amari Cooper ran a 4.42 at the combine.

I don't think any other team will have faster starting linebackers.

You are talking about a guy who is 6'3 235lbs out-sprinting NFL caliber wide receivers. That's Olympic level stuff.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.