What is going on with John Petty?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
His stat line was pretty depressing actually....

0 pts, 4 REB, 1 Asst, 0 Steals, 0 Blocks, 2 TO, 2 Fouls, 0 for 5 shooting in 25 minutes
I didn't say he played great, only sadly, better than he has played lately and i dismissed his shooting which was 0-5. He had the 3rd highest rebounds on the team so that is something.

I still don't know why he gets so many minutes. I think Coach Johnson has some kind of risk vs rewards formula in his head. Key and Jones can both play his spot better right now. Jones had 6 pts, 3 REB, 0 Asst, 3 Steals, 2 Blocks, 2 TO, 2 Fouls, 3 for 3 shooting in 25 minutes; that stat line looks much better.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You can't question Dazon's heart. The man fights. He's like a bull in a china shop under the goal, but the man hustles. I'll give him that.
This is why Dazon is my favorite player on this team.

Petty is the opposite of this type of player. He's flat out lazy and apathetic and when things don't go his way (which is often lately) then his body language becomes almost petulant and defiant. He's going to keep jacking off balance 3's whether they fall or not..

I'd much rather Herb get his minutes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.