Anyone here have migraines?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Just wondering if anyone else here has migraines and what tricks do you use to help get rid of them. I've suffered from them for about 20 years. I don't take any prescriptions for them but I do use over the counter medication. Before I discovered excedrin migraine I was in a world of hurt, missing work, throwing up, and severe pain. I was trying Tylenol with no relief. Found that if I used excedrin early on before the migraine became too much I'd be ok. I also use a heated rice sock which seems to help.
Any other sufferers?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I don't have migraines but I do get tension headaches. I like you have found Excedrin is the only over the counter medicine that works.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I don't have migraines but I do get tension headaches. I like you have found Excedrin is the only over the counter medicine that works.
Likewise. I find a mixture of aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine to work best, in that order. Therefore I take 1 aspirin with 1 generic Excedrin to get the most effective mix for me.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't get migraines (knock on wood) but from time to time I do get pretty good tension headaches. I keep BC powders on hand for extreme circumstances but usually this is my go to product and they work pretty good:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
My wife suffers from them. She utilizes excedrine migraine if possible, but some require her to take a prescription (zophran?). Dark quiet room.
Myself, I suffer from what was diagnosed as cluster migraine/headaches. I don't get the nausea and I'm sure the pain is a fraction of a true migraine, but when they cycle in...they're almost 24/7. I tried chiropractor last summer, with limited results. I may try acupuncture. As of right now, I try to get by with bc powders.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My wife suffers from them. She utilizes excedrine migraine if possible, but some require her to take a prescription (zophran?). Dark quiet room.
Myself, I suffer from what was diagnosed as cluster migraine/headaches. I don't get the nausea and I'm sure the pain is a fraction of a true migraine, but when they cycle in...they're almost 24/7. I tried chiropractor last summer, with limited results. I may try acupuncture. As of right now, I try to get by with bc powders.
learn what triggers your headaches. I used to get them as well now nearly never do as I learned that dehydration, hunger/blood sugar and allergies cause 99% of mine. Altering my behavior has changed my life. Nothing worse than a tunnel vision/nausea migraine. I've had one in the last year. Used to have one or two a month

And stay away from Chiropractors and Acupuncturists, there is no science there

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
My wife use to have migraines but when she started her diet to fight cancer, she discovered one item that also help reduce migraines. It is a mixture of organic cottage cheese and flax seed oil. This mixture reduces inflammation which may be triggering the migraines. It's easy to make and worth trying if you battle migraines. This mixture also lowered her blood pressure to the point she no longer needs medication. Just google "how to make the Budwig Diet" for more information.

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
I hope I have a miracle for you. I had migraines for about ten years, some so severe that I was missing work. Then I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and this doctor prescribed Norvasc. He mentioned in passing that his wife took it, and when she did, it cured her headaches. That was in 1995. Since that time I have never had a migraine headache; although I only took Norvasc for about 6 or 7 years. I occasionally get the visual symptoms of Migraine, but have never had a recurrence of the headaches. My prayers go with you that it works for you!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.