Game Thread: Arkansas @ Bama

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Sexton has not hit three point shots like I expected him to this season. He has had some nice looks this game and 0-4 so far.

Refs still allowing Arkansas to bump, push and grab ball handlers. Alabama needs to play defense this way.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I wish Petty would learn to embrace his game. I feel like he’s pressing too much trying to do things that aren’t in his wheelhouse. He shouldn’t drive, he shouldn’t try to facilitate the offense. He is a catch and shoot rhythm guy. All he needs to focus on is being active off the ball and finding open spots. When they play him tight to prevent his shot, fake out and cut to the hoop. 90% of his touches should involve no ball handling at all. When he fully embraces that, he’s going to be dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I wish Petty would learn to embrace his game. I feel like he’s pressing too much trying to do things that aren’t in his wheelhouse. He shouldn’t drive, he shouldn’t try to facilitate the offense. He is a catch and shoot rhythm guy. All he needs to focus on is being active off the ball and finding open spots. When they play him tight to prevent his shot, fake out and cut to the hoop. 90% of his touches should involve no ball handling at all. When he fully embraces that, he’s going to be dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Petty gets into the lane well but will not pull up and shoot so ends up getting the team into trouble. He should be able to shoot something closer than a three pointer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.