Bama vs Wazzou Game 3

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Tyler Adams in to pitch for Bama in the 8th

Single to left, pass ball moves him to 2nd
Ground out to 1st, runner moves to 3rd

Duarte now coming in to pitch for Adams, looks like we are going to try and throw everyone from here on out

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Breaux hit by pitch
Error at short puts Alexander on, and he then moves to 2nd, Breaux to 3rd
Taylor strikes out swinging
Avant grounds out to 2nd, Breaux scores, 9-3 Bama
McCleney strikes out swinging

9-3 Bama after 8!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Duarte back out for the 9th and will see 3, 4 and 5 in the Wazzou lineup

Ground out to 2nd
F8
F7 ends the game

We sweep and win 9-3!

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Great start! So, proud for the kids who had to hang tough last year, and a promising start for this staff. I'm not sure how good these opponents are in relation to life in the SEC, but this group needed a start like this. RTR, and thanks for the updates!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Great start! So, proud for the kids who had to hang tough last year, and a promising start for this staff. I'm not sure how good these opponents are in relation to life in the SEC, but this group needed a start like this. RTR, and thanks for the updates!

You said what I was thinking. But I remember last year not winning against these types of teams. We look like a baseball team this time around and not like the trainwreck last year.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
All you can do is win the ones you are playing, and it makes me very happy to see them having fun again.

Rtr

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
All you can do is win the ones you are playing, and it makes me very happy to see them having fun again.

Rtr
True. We've scored 67 runs in seven games... It took us 15 or 16 last year against comparable competition to do that. Excited to see what all these guys who were supposed to "find somewhere else to play" can do.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It means virtually nothing at this point in the season, but Alabama's RPI is 6. Even if it isn't necessarily the best competition, it's still a heck of a start.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You said what I was thinking. But I remember last year not winning against these types of teams. We look like a baseball team this time around and not like the trainwreck last year.
Exactly. Even if we haven't been truly tested this year, CBB has these boys winning. Ever since Wells (and him to an extent) left we were losing these ballgames. At least for now, we're winning these games and most are not close so far. You can't beat that! I just hope this keeps up but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't at this point.

I admit I'm not looking forward to SEC play because of our arms situation, but if CBB can keep this up we better dig into our pockets because he'll be making a few more dollars.

I think the Oklahoma series will tell us a lot about this team for sure. Valpo beat them 11-4 in a split doubleheader yesterday and they play again in 30 minutes. If we can go on the road and sweep this bunch (which we should), we will be pretty good.

Samford won't be a pushover either, they lost to Rice by 1 and beat UCF down in Orlando. Alabama State split with UAB and Southern Miss of course swept Miss State but luckily they are in a tournament in Pensacola a couple of days before we play them. So even the "small teams" this year are pretty good so if we keep winning then it's time to admit that, hey; we are pretty dang good!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
That stretch of OU, USM and NMSU should have us as ready for the league as we can be.

Rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Samford won't be a pushover either, they lost to Rice by 1 and beat UCF down in Orlando. Alabama State split with UAB and Southern Miss of course swept Miss State but luckily they are in a tournament in Pensacola a couple of days before we play them. So even the "small teams" this year are pretty good so if we keep winning then it's time to admit that, hey; we are pretty dang good!
Yep and Casey Dunn is a heck of a coach and this will be a huge game for Samford. I think Samford had 7 or 8 guys drafted 3 or 4 years ago so they have very good players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.