China sets stage for Xi to remain in power for life

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Natural product of dictatorship everywhere. Doesn't matter what the label it wears...
I've long felt that anxiety about growing Chinese power is a bit overdone, and this is one reason why. Assuming Xi, who is now 64, lives another 20 years and holds power until his death, as Mao did, it is hard to see China maintaining the same trajectory as the past 20 years. There is a ceiling to how strong China can grow as long as they have the same authoritarian, unaccountable and increasingly corrupt power structure. Yes, I know lots of us complain that that is what we have as well, but the very fact that we can openly say that about our government without fear of being locked up disproves the premise.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
This is why I am hesitant to use gender neutral pronouns over here. While I try to respect everyone, I feel like it leads to sense of entitlement like we are seeing from Xim.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This is why I am hesitant to use gender neutral pronouns over here. While I try to respect everyone, I feel like it leads to sense of entitlement like we are seeing from Xim.
Please refer to me as "you" or "that person." I'm working on my personal gender neutrality so as to not offend anyone, including myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.