jawjuh beer - for those transiting through hartsfield-jackson

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
saw this article and thought it might be interesting.

ludacris new atlanta airport restaurant focuses local beer

Partnering with culinary giant Jackmont Hospitality, “Luda” wanted Chicken + Beer to provide the bustling crowd of flying globetrotters with a dining experience respective to the South’s down-home cuisine paired with brews solely sourced from Georgia’s independent craft breweries. In December of 2016, its doors opened to a 90-seat operation based specifically at Gate D5. The concept has been well received by both gourmands and especially craft beer advocates.
and my friend's brewery, gets a couple of mentions in the article

To further distance themselves from other liquid offerings throughout Hartsfield-Jackson, Chicken + Beer recently collaborated with the aforementioned Arches Brewing Company located just five miles away from the airport in Hapeville, Georgia, to create the “Paths Across Bridges” Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout exclusively for the restaurant. Cutting no corners, the “Paths” was aged for eight weeks in cabernet barrels, resulting in a silky, complex stout boasting notes of coffee and dark chocolate pouring at a potent 10.8% ABV. Extremely limited, its keg was empty within a week.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Now your talking vintage jawjuh brew. A timeless classic.
not just a timeless classic but arguably responsible for the craft beer craze of today. Billy's love for homebrewing caused Jimmy to relax laws that began a homebrew movement which lead to craft brewing.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
not just a timeless classic but arguably responsible for the craft beer craze of today. Billy's love for homebrewing caused Jimmy to relax laws that began a homebrew movement which lead to craft brewing.
My daughter, who had no idea who Billy was, works for/reports to Billy's widow at Hábitat for Humanity. Nice, very old lady.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm likely headed through ATL in the next week or so en route to Niger. Will have to try and stop by on the way there or on the way back. Will reply in this thread if I get the chance.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Taco Mac was a pleasant surprise in Atlanta as well.

The name evokes cheap Mexican food, but it's a sports bar with great food and a huge selection of good beer.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Taco Mac was a pleasant surprise in Atlanta as well.

The name evokes cheap Mexican food, but it's a sports bar with great food and a huge selection of good beer.
i got turned onto them when i first moved to atlanta. they have been around for a really long time and have always had a great beer list and great wings.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i got turned onto them when i first moved to atlanta. they have been around for a really long time and have always had a great beer list and great wings.
I'll agree on Great Beer list but I find the food to be awful. Wings are the best bet but not close to the best wings in Atlanta

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'll agree on Great Beer list but I find the food to be awful. Wings are the best bet but not close to the best wings in Atlanta
yeah, i am basing my wings thoughts on many years ago and it was relative to what i could find in atlanta back in the 90's early 2000's, i haven't been to a taco mac in forever. i have a hard time finding good buffalo wings, but i have an expectation that i will get something on par from wings and things on the strip. for a long time, we had a good wing trailer in east point that had passable buffalo hot wings, but the lot they parked in got bought up to put in yet another family dollar. a lot of great smoked wings options and tons of what i am told are great lemon pepper wings down on the southside, but i don't really like lemon pepper.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
yeah, i am basing my wings thoughts on many years ago and it was relative to what i could find in atlanta back in the 90's early 2000's, i haven't been to a taco mac in forever. i have a hard time finding good buffalo wings, but i have an expectation that i will get something on par from wings and things on the strip. for a long time, we had a good wing trailer in east point that had passable buffalo hot wings, but the lot they parked in got bought up to put in yet another family dollar. a lot of great smoked wings options and tons of what i am told are great lemon pepper wings down on the southside, but i don't really like lemon pepper.
Max's pizza right by the aquarium has the best Lemon Pepper wings I've ever had. Jr Crickets can be good but hit or miss. 3 Dollar cafe is still the most consistently good in Atl but it has been a long time since I've had them. For something unique and a bit healthier R Thomas has baked wings that are amazing. Lemon Pepper is an Atlanta thing now since JR Crickets Lemon Pepper Wet was featured on the show Atlanta (which you and everyone else should be watching, fantastic especially for people like you and I who've lived in Atl a long time)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Max's pizza right by the aquarium has the best Lemon Pepper wings I've ever had. Jr Crickets can be good but hit or miss. 3 Dollar cafe is still the most consistently good in Atl but it has been a long time since I've had them. For something unique and a bit healthier R Thomas has baked wings that are amazing. Lemon Pepper is an Atlanta thing now since JR Crickets Lemon Pepper Wet was featured on the show Atlanta (which you and everyone else should be watching, fantastic especially for people like you and I who've lived in Atl a long time)
we have been watching atlanta, it's a pretty good show. we are 2-3 episodes in so far. i've been getting my wings at pit boss in hapeville for the past year or so, they were #4 on creative loafing's best atlanta wings list. they are smoked and you can get hot or mild bbq, teriaki or lemon pepper. they are the bomb.

i haven't been to r thomas in what seems like forever. didn't the main dude die a couple of years back?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
we have been watching atlanta, it's a pretty good show. we are 2-3 episodes in so far. i've been getting my wings at pit boss in hapeville for the past year or so, they were #4 on creative loafing's best atlanta wings list. they are smoked and you can get hot or mild bbq, teriaki or lemon pepper. they are the bomb.

i haven't been to r thomas in what seems like forever. didn't the main dude die a couple of years back?
last year I think. His daughter runs the place now. My daughter and I were in the area as she had to do an assignment at the High Museum for school. R Thomas is still as good and weird as it ever was and the Birds seem to be doing well too since his passing. His daughter is said to be dead set on keeping the place in tact. My daughter had never been but wants me to take her back soon

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.