AJC: Is 2017 your all time favorite UGA team?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My favorite is 2010. The SEC office killed that team with the 6 byes. Just kike killing your goose that is laying the golden eggs. Healed and rested on 01/01/2011, they were the best CFB team I ever saw.
I secretly blame myself for 2010. It is the one season under Saban that I didn't watch a single regular season game(I was in India and had absolutely no access to the games). The only game I got to watch was the bowl game against Michigan State.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My favorite is 2010. The SEC office killed that team with the 6 byes. Just kike killing your goose that is laying the golden eggs. Healed and rested on 01/01/2011, they were the best CFB team I ever saw.
Great choice...they also had some injuries (Ingram, etc.) but against MSU it was like men against boys. I just sat there in amazement at how we dominated a good MSU team.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The ref who worked the game was a 17 year veteran official from the Big 8/12, and most likely had worked some 1995 Nebraska games. He was quoted as saying Bama was the best CFB team he had ever seen.

Oh great now you have done it. The Cornhusker cult will be coming after that ref any day know. They are so perpetually stuck on that year that they don't even know what decade they are in anymore.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Hard for me to have a "favorite" Bama team because I have seen fight in our worst groups. I recall wondering in 1984 if we would win ANY games after losing Kerry Goode versus BCU. That team slid to 'looking to see the bottom' to beating Awbun (even though we needed a missed FG as I seem to remember????) I think that is correct. But 2008 was a special group even though they unraveled a little during the SECCG. Never seemed to want to be anywhere after that loss. But the mold was built that year for sure. So..if I were to pick a favorite? Each HC at Bama provided one for me to remember as a "favorite". One thing we are spoiled to is the consistency in which CNS has given our program. Very similar to CPB's model. Gonna be rough when that changes in the distant future.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
My favorite georgia team was the 1990 team. They went 4-7. It's a shame they won 4. Second favorite is 1962 team. They went 3-4-3. I'm waiting for them to lose all their games. That team will become my favorite.

My favorite Bama team is still the 1966 team, although 2018 team comes real close.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.