Alabama Indoor Track just won the SEC Championship!

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
That's awesome! I was assistant track manager one year in the early 80s. Can't remember exactly what year it was that the SEC Indoor championship was held at LSU. Calvin Smith had me stand on his blocks, because he wasn't getting enough grip. Unfortunately he placed 2nd that day. I think some guy from Georgia took first. I may of jinxed him! Calvin was a good man. I love Track and Field and love that the Tide is doing well!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That's awesome! I was assistant track manager one year in the early 80s. Can't remember exactly what year it was that the SEC Indoor championship was held at LSU. Calvin Smith had me stand on his blocks, because he wasn't getting enough grip. Unfortunately he placed 2nd that day. I think some guy from Georgia took first. I may of jinxed him! Calvin was a good man. I love Track and Field and love that the Tide is doing well!
Calvin is probably the fastest man to ever set foot on our campus (not counting coach Harvey Glance).

Congrats to the Tide track team. That is awesome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.