Been gone 2 weeks

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Happens to all us old timers. We get old and our computers get older too.
My ancient laptop played out two weeks ago. I've been 'Missing in Action'.
I've missed reading the mail. Missed lots of stories. I'm starting to read and catch up on Alabama happenings.

*** Late last night I finally got it going and back online again.
I know it would have been far simpler to purchase another machine...
BUT
Like an old truck, I hated to say goodbye to it.

Mods... Feel free to cancel my lame excuse.
At least I didn't say the dog ate my homework
AND
At least it happened in the offseason.
ROLL TIDE ROLL.
I've missed yall...

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
I find myself in such bad shape when my 'puter has to have work that I can't resist going over to the library every day to check my email, sports boards, and what-not on a library computer!

RTR

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
AND
ROLL TIDE ROLL.
I've missed yall...
No need to walk back the intel already out there from Pyongyang - you done a right nice job according to the Russian hackers and the medal stand turning the Tide's long-strike capability template into gold for the US curling team.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
My normal routine is getting up and sitting down at my old deckstop 'puter and having coffee with Tide Fans. Last Summer we went to the Mississippi Gulf coast for three days. As luck would have it I was walking into a gas station and passed a paper machine. There IN BOLD was "Freeze resigns amid phone scandal". Wouldn't you know it, by the time I got back home there were so many pages on that thread it was old news.

I bought the paper and read it to my wife before I drove off. I said "what a time to be without TideFans." Being an Old Coot who has never own a cell phone I had no info but that four page newspaper.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Glad you are back, Dan. Not sure how much longer this iPad is going to last been around since they first came out. Dependable so far, but gets hung up and freezes from time to time which of course draws my ire.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Happens to all us old timers. We get old and our computers get older too.
My ancient laptop played out two weeks ago. I've been 'Missing in Action'.
I've missed reading the mail. Missed lots of stories. I'm starting to read and catch up on Alabama happenings.

*** Late last night I finally got it going and back online again.
I know it would have been far simpler to purchase another machine...
BUT
Like an old truck, I hated to say goodbye to it.

AND
ROLL TIDE ROLL.
I've missed yall...
I wondered where you wuz, I figgered you jus' went a little further south, to where it's warmer!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.