Happy 2/26 Day Everybody!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I will never get tired of this video! Happy 2-26 to TideFans! Mike Gundy does not like Bama too much does he?
Seeing how over the years he has made it a point to publicly take shots at the SEC (along with Bob Stoops) when ever he could. I'm sure it was like having hot coals poured over his mullet to sit there and watch two SEC teams playing the national title. Especially seeing that one of the teams in the game had just beaten a team from his conference to get there. I don't think he could have looked any more disinterested.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Seeing how over the years he has made it a point to publicly take shots at the SEC (along with Bob Stoops) when ever he could. I'm sure it was like having hot coals poured over his mullet to sit there and watch two SEC teams playing the national title. Especially seeing that one of the teams in the game had just beaten a team from his conference to get there. I don't think he could have looked any more disinterested.
i couldn't care less about the mulleted one. i enjoyed watching cutcliff after he was running his mouth non-stop trying to criticize bama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
i couldn't care less about the mulleted one. i enjoyed watching cutcliff after he was running his mouth non-stop trying to criticize bama
Cutcliff talked the most of all the coaches. I don't remember him being overly critical but he was pretty hard on Tua at times. His one critique that was justified is how he carried the ball pretty loosely a few times. That's something the staff will probably work on, but part of that is he carried the ball in his left hand without tucking it because he was looking downfield to throw it on most of his runs/scrambles.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Cutcliff talked the most of all the coaches. I don't remember him being overly critical but he was pretty hard on Tua at times. His one critique that was justified is how he carried the ball pretty loosely a few times. That's something the staff will probably work on, but part of that is he carried the ball in his left hand without tucking it because he was looking downfield to throw it on most of his runs/scrambles.
Technically and from a fundamental standpoint Cutcliff was right to be critical. But considering the overall performance (even before the game ending pass), and the fact that Tua was a true freshman. That was a petty thing to point out considering how he performed, especially if he harped on it. Granted, I didn't watch that particular broadcast. So I maybe overplaying his criticism. If I am then my apologies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Technically and from a fundamental standpoint Cutcliff was right to be critical. But considering the overall performance (even before the game ending pass), and the fact that Tua was a true freshman. That was a petty thing to point out considering how he performed, especially if he harped on it. Granted, I didn't watch that particular broadcast. So I maybe overplaying his criticism. If I am then my apologies.
Correct, since he's been a QB/OC coach. I didn't have a problem with what he said, for the most part, but I did think it was a little too much on Tua, considering the situation he was placed in.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What was Cut doing/saying? I rarely flipped over to that station. Obviously he had to eat his words.
i re-watched the second half on the coaches room the week after the game. he was hyper critical (imo) of tua and bama in general in the second half and very down on seemingly everything bama did. i can't remember what play it was, but either tua or najee was running the ball and it looked like uga had him trapped and i heard him mumbling something like "got him". i actually found it very informative to re-watch that version with he exception of cutcliff. i wouldn't be able to watch it in real time, though.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I thought the Ole Miss coach was enjoying himself and glad to be there. He probably didn't think about having to play us next year!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I didn't watch the coaches room that you guys are talking about but if Mike Gundy didn't speak much during the broadcast maybe it was because he's from the Big 12 where there's always a lot of points scored so perhaps the game was somewhat boring for him. He doesn't appreciate good defense and for a game to go into OT tied at 20-20 when he's more accustomed to 40-40 might have been why.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i re-watched the second half on the coaches room the week after the game. he was hyper critical (imo) of tua and bama in general in the second half and very down on seemingly everything bama did. i can't remember what play it was, but either tua or najee was running the ball and it looked like uga had him trapped and i heard him mumbling something like "got him". i actually found it very informative to re-watch that version with he exception of cutcliff. i wouldn't be able to watch it in real time, though.
I wanted to watch that, but, when I went to ESPN, it said "unavailable." Anyone know if it's online elsewhere?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wanted to watch that, but, when I went to ESPN, it said "unavailable." Anyone know if it's online elsewhere?
I watched it on Watch ESPN about a month ago but cannot find it (or any other version of the game) in the app now. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I see none of the game versions.

ETA - I contacted ESPN and their response was simple - the WatchESPN replay content is only available for 30 days after something is on one of the TV channels. So we have to wait for it to be aired again on one of the ESPN network channels for it to be available again for replay in the WatchESPN app.

Not sure if there is a pirated copy out there, but if there is I can't find it with the standard search engines.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.