News Article: Athlon's 2018 roster ranking

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Georgia at #1 for 2018 roster talent?!? Am I missing something?!?! They lost A LOT of roster talent this year. I know they signed a great class this year but seriously?!? An Bama at #7??? I honestly can’t remember a time where we’ve been so deep in talent on the offensive side of the ball... Bama hate in the media is alive an well... Smh...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Georgia at #1 for 2018 roster talent?!? Am I missing something?!?! They lost A LOT of roster talent this year. I know they signed a great class this year but seriously?!? An Bama at #7??? I honestly can’t remember a time where we’ve been so deep in talent on the offensive side of the ball... Bama hate in the media is alive an well... Smh...
Seriously. Tua, Najee, Smith, Ruggs. Bama's got some serious young talent with real game experience. The defensive backfield is the biggest question mark, but Coach Saban landed some exceptionally talented DBs.
But whatever. Underestimate them. Please.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The Athlon approach makes no sense. But surprisingly, their rankings are very similar to the 247 rankings.
It does because it is the primary component of the rankings.

"Below are the national recruiting ranking averages for the Power 5 schools, Notre Dame and BYU over the last five classes according to 247Sports Team Composite rankings and each team's record over the last five seasons.".........

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Being #7 in recruiting class for 2018 doesn't really worry me when I look and see that Clemson was a playoff team for 3 straight seasons while ranking no higher than 9th in recruiting during those seasons. It's true that they had a star QB for 2 of those seasons but we may have found ourselves a star QB to help make up for any deficiencies we may have.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.