Butch as offensive analyst?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The guy looks like Sgt Carter from Gomer Pyle. That’s enough alone to poke fun at him. The ‘brick by brick,’ ‘champions of life’ and turnover trash can are just the icing on the cake. IMO, he’ll never live those down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still say he actually looks like what the fat kid from Stand By Me should have grown up to look like.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Like all decisions that CNS makes.....I wish for a very positive result. I have nothing against CBJ whatsoever. His resume is what it is. I just think CNS likes to help people in his own profession. And Jones could use the support. Don't know him personally,but he is a good family man with some desire to continue in HIS chosen profession. He is doing well financially obviously, but he just might be able to help Bama along the way. Give it a shot. At least he isn't a drunk.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Based on who CNS has rehabbed at Alabama, hiring Jones as an analyst should surprise no one. CNS's willingness to hire these coaches as analysts, IMO shows that he has a great deal of respect of those from the "coaching brotherhood" whether he competed against them or not and is willing, within reason, to give them the opportunity to stay involved in the game and hopefully find another position with the added experience of working for CNS at Alabama. It also serves as a proving ground to see which coaches take the opportunity to sacrifice short term gain in hopes of rebuilding their reputations for their future careers. It also provides CNS with a potential stockpile of coaches he would trust to fill future vacancies at Alabama which we know will happen nearly every year. Showing once again that CNS is ahead of the curve in college football.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hate tennessee so much that part of me would love to see Butch eventually become the OC at Bama and hang 70+ on tennessee annually. Hahahaha

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Based on who CNS has rehabbed at Alabama, hiring Jones as an analyst should surprise no one. CNS's willingness to hire these coaches as analysts, IMO shows that he has a great deal of respect of those from the "coaching brotherhood" whether he competed against them or not and is willing, within reason, to give them the opportunity to stay involved in the game and hopefully find another position with the added experience of working for CNS at Alabama. It also serves as a proving ground to see which coaches take the opportunity to sacrifice short term gain in hopes of rebuilding their reputations for their future careers. It also provides CNS with a potential stockpile of coaches he would trust to fill future vacancies at Alabama which we know will happen nearly every year. Showing once again that CNS is ahead of the curve in college football.
And you better believe ol' Botch floridly fulminates (not Fulmerinates) "Distemper Fi!" in favor of this opportunity!

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I hate tennessee so much that part of me would love to see Butch eventually become the OC at Bama and hang 70+ on tennessee annually. Hahahaha
Yeah, but will Butch run to the middle of the field and kneel down in near tears in Neyland with his Champions of Life belt snuggly affixed around his waist? If so, then I'm in.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
He's (potentially) being hired as an analyst. I hope everyone realizes that someone like Butch Jones has forgotten more about coaching football than virtually anyone else on the planet will ever know. There are a few hundred people who have the experience he does, literally. He was an awful head coach at UT but for breaking down film, looking for specific tendencies, helping to rate potential recruits, etc - he'd blow the doors off anyone you know.

That's reality folks.

So if Saban wants to bring in a guy with over 30 years coaching experience and 11 years of head coaching experience to help as an analyst, I don't know how ANYONE could doubt the choice.

RTR

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The players at UT were quite honest about Butch’s lack of integrity. So may be he needs this position more than we might think. After all to this point he had learned primarily from Brian Kelley [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
My post was made in jest because of how much fun we've poked at Jones over the years. He seems to be a decent human being, which I am not willing to say about Freeze.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Jones was a successful, sought-after coach before he took the Tennessee job. And there are probably very good assistants and support staff people on our staff (and on every successful staff in the country) that would be "in over their heads" in a HC job like Tennessee. He obviously carries some of the quirky and odd baggage from his time in Knoxville, but no real NCAA issues or personal moral failings or things like that.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Jones was a successful, sought-after coach before he took the Tennessee job. And there are probably very good assistants and support staff people on our staff (and on every successful staff in the country) that would be "in over their heads" in a HC job like Tennessee. He obviously carries some of the quirky and odd baggage from his time in Knoxville, but no real NCAA issues or personal moral failings or things like that.
Truthfully, we don't really know much of what went on behind the scenes up there either.............I've often wondered if there wasn't some interference like that rumored at UF with the Old Ball Coach

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Truthfully, we don't really know much of what went on behind the scenes up there either.............I've often wondered if there wasn't some interference like that rumored at UF with the Old Ball Coach
:smile: You are right, there is much we may not know, but I think we do know that Coach Jones was in WAY over his head as the UT HC. The first time you saw him on the sideline, you were delighted to know that UT had thrown away another 4 or 5 years. He had simplified his public life by boiling it down to 37 clichés, one of which he would choose as the response to any situation that arose. Not sure if it was really his voice or a tape because they were uttered verbatim every time. There was not even any variation in voice inflection. Maybe CNS's real intent is to have CBJ hold cliché seminars for Bama players to use in their media appearances. That way they can focus more on football and not have to worry about making a faux pas; just punch up the most suitable cliché, if it doesn't quite fit, lean on the media's usual understanding with college kids.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.