Butch as offensive analyst?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
But when do we get our champions of life trophy to go with the NC trophy? We get one of those now right?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm fine with the hire...(I trust Saban). As long as he doesn't bring those stupid turnover trash cans with him! :smile:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
But when do we get our champions of life trophy to go with the NC trophy? We get one of those now right?
Yes, inspirationally speaking - the plan is for Butch to take the Tide to the mountaintop - to go where no 'Bama team has gone before, to take the high road in getting there, to become the Champions of Fyffe​​​​​.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Ha....Cecil Hurt
Cecil Hurt
@CecilHurt
·
12m
The van picking up the coaches at the airport and getting them to Pro Day was on time so Butch Jones is apparently off to a good start.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
CNS is going to start a coaches rehab clinic:D
It causes me to think of how fortunate I have been as a Bama fan to have experienced CNS's tenure at Alabama. As it has been said repeatedly no other coach would have the standing to take on the rehabilitation projects that he has done.

I understand Jones is collecting a big check from Tennessee but my perhaps naive sentimentality causes me to admire CNS more as a person and a coach every day.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I'll take every single one of them. Every one of these guys has forgotten more about football than 99.99% of us will ever know....
The great thing about it is you get different perspectives. And while they may not be the greatest Head coaches in our eyes, they still possess valuable information which can all be filtered out through CNS. Hey ...as long as they don't have the title head coach? I'm good

JF3

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Phenix City, AL
CNS knows that he is responsible for these coaches who cannot beat his Alabama teams. He feels bad because he knows some of them will never beat his Alabama teams. He takes them in because he is guilty as charged: The bully coach that gets mediocre coaches fired because he has set the bar so high... I was about to put this in blue font, but I think it may be true.:)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think it was Rich's wife that was his problem. I should send her a Christmas card every year.

And under his contract Butch probably has an obligation to actively and in good faith seek comparable employment to keep getting checks from UT. We might get him for almost nothing while UT pays him his buyout to coach for us, sort of like the deal we had with Lane.

Frankly, I don't know if Butch is any good at studying film, analyzing recruits, breaking down opposing defenses, etc. or not. But if CNS thinks he can contribute, who am I to argue? But if he comes to speak to the local Alumni Chapter, I'll probably go bowling or something instead.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The look on Belichik's face is priceless. Looks like BB is thinking "who left me alone with this guy and I'm going to get even with Nick for this".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.