Alabama Hires New Offensive Analyst - Gordon Steele (Kevin Steele's Son)

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I really don't know how coach integrates all of these new people into his system so quickly. Maybe that's why our spring training starts later than most?

rtr

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really don't know how coach integrates all of these new people into his system so quickly. Maybe that's why our spring training starts later than most?

rtr
I think that Alabama starts spring training later than many teams because you play in so many late bowl games. Teams that play in earlier bowl games (or miss out in bowl games altogether) need to get back on the field again sooner because the gap in practices gets too wide.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I think that Alabama starts spring training later than many teams because you play in so many late bowl games. Teams that play in earlier bowl games (or miss out in bowl games altogether) need to get back on the field again sooner because the gap in practices gets too wide.
Interesting theory and one that makes a lot of sense, however I suspect a more mundane explanation that might apply just as well would be the dates on which a given university’s Spring holiday break falls and whether or not the coach wants an unbroken practice period. I’m far too lazy to do the analysis but here’s the schedule for the Spring games of a number of schools.

Spring Games

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.