Alabama QB competition article

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Per ESPN: Saban warns Hurts and Tua Tag. not to call attention to themselves.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jalen-hurts-tua-tagovailoa-not-call-attention
"I've told both players, 'You've gotta win the team, and everything you do to bring attention to yourself, or anybody even in your family that brings attention to yourself, you're not doing yourself a service in trying to win the team,'" Saban told ESPN on Tuesday.
Found the "even in your family" line interesting.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
CNS did indicate a little more open-mindedness to playing them both. Hope it's just coach speak to get them both engaged (especially Jalen), but I really don't want to see Hurts take snaps from Tua unless his passing is VASTLY improved. JMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I really don't think Saban is putting on a show for both QBs. He's giving both QBs a chance to see who can win the team... I kept hearing fans saying for months that Tua won the job... and I refused to buy into it. It's now up to the QBs to show who can do things right way. I believe the message was for both of them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
CNS did indicate a little more open-mindedness to playing them both. Hope it's just coach speak to get them both engaged (especially Jalen), but I really don't want to see Hurts take snaps from Tua unless his passing is VASTLY improved. JMO.
I really don't care about both of them playing... If it helps the team... so be it.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
To be fair, Tua's much publicized trip back to Hawaii brought a lot of "attention to yourself" and there have been numerous interviews with Tua's family after the NC game.
So he shouldn't take a trip back home? I don't think he invited the media to cover that. In fact, he might have kind of resented that.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
To be fair, Tua's much publicized trip back to Hawaii brought a lot of "attention to yourself" and there have been numerous interviews with Tua's family after the NC game.
Eh, that's completely different than what happened with Mr. Hurts because of one thing - intent. I don't think Tua intended his trip back home to Hawaii to be a media frenzy. Quite the opposite about what Mr. Hurts intended about making his comments..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Eh, that's completely different than what happened with Mr. Hurts because of one thing - intent. I don't think Tua intended his trip back home to Hawaii to be a media frenzy. Quite the opposite about what Mr. Hurts intended about making his comments..
I totally realize it is different but I don't think Saban was only calling out Jalen when he made that statement or he would have only spoken to Jalen about it or called out only Jalen. Tua is the man but the statement applies to both of them in some fashion IMO.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I totally realize it is different but I don't think Saban was only calling out Jalen when he made that statement or he would have only spoken to Jalen about it or called out only Jalen. Tua is the man but the statement applies to both of them in some fashion IMO.
I agree. I don't think Saban likes either one of them talking publicly about transferring or having thought about transferring. Doing that is basically giving the coach an ultimatum in public "Play me or I'm gone!" Something like that is best discussed in Saban's office, not in front of the media.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.