Alabama QB competition article

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Alabama QB competition article (ALL QB posts here, please)

Well... football is competitive. It happens all the time...good players get beat out by better players. Its tough. All players expect the best players to play, when that doesn't happen is when you have dissension on a team.
It seems that the team may have already chosen their leader....Tua.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

But I'm pretty sure that Saban had "no idea" because of the comments of Jalen's Dad. He's the guy, imo, that started this "narrative" that Jalen talked about.

After being asked about Coach Saban requesting they keep it off social media, Jalen says "the coaches don't control this situation".
I'm not necessarily assigning blame, just trying to point out how Jalen may have come to the conclusion he did. When I heard it it bothered me. But it could be that when CNS responded, "I have no idea", he was just giving a snarky answer to the media. But Jalen says that he told CNS in June that he would be here. So, you can see why he would be upset when it appeared that CNS questioned it. As I said, it could be that CNS was not even really thinking about Jalen being here, he was just being snarky with the media. I just think it's a bit quick to dismiss Jalen or kick him in the pants on the way out the door. Frankly, few if any of us, really know all that has been going on. But on the surface one can understand Jalen's hurt regarding what has been said publicly. IMO, he did not handle it well, though he could have done much worse.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

His mom is right, I'm not for him. I'm for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

that statement was bizarre. - edited by NT17

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

The whole family getting in on it.

Look, if you are that unhappy then maybe it's not the place for you in the long run. Most - almost everyone - has remained supportive of Jalen until he makes statements that are hurtful to the team.

Also, do NOT get suckered into the politics on this board. NO POLITICS still applies. No one will censor her comment here, but posters are expected to control themselves.

ETA: For context, she was apparently responding to some criticisms on a facebook fan page. Don't know everything else that was posted there, including political statements, but that may explain why she included that in her comments.

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

This has just turned into an awful situation for everyone involved

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

Jalen has every right to feel the way he does and I don’t blame him for feeling that way but this could’ve all been discussed within between CNS and the Hurts family in his office

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

When daddy is talking about the biggest free agent in college football history..,,ok then. ‘‘Tua starts. Mac is backup.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

By Monday I think we will know who our starting QB will be. This all took a turn I never expected but all is making sense now. I didnt want to accept some things because of my own opinions and hopes.

But sometimes families argue, fight, and part ways. Hoping some how this all gets cleaned up tomorrow, but from what we have all heard the last 24 hours and my own intel, not going to get the fairy tail ending I had hoped for.

The team is always bigger than any player. Us fans need to remember that we all are pulling for the same team. The players and coaches come and go but we all are here to cheer for our “team”.

We need some leadership to show now. Big time.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Well... football is competitive. It happens all the time...good players get beat out by better players. Its tough. All players expect the best players to play, when that doesn't happen is when you have dissension on a team.
It seems that the team may have already chosen their leader....Tua.
You are very right. Competition happens all the time whether on a team or with a job. It is part of life. Blaming others for your short comings or failures is an easy out. Instead it would be better to focus your energy on becoming better at what you do. We need a QB who will put the team ahead of his ego.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Jalen is certainly frustrated.
Probably doesn’t help that his dad is feeding his ear, and working Jalen into a frenzy. It’s interesting how events/life unfolds.....how quickly the hero can become the goat. How defeat can change people. How things earned, can quickly be taken away. Jalen will most likely never play a down or earn a dollar in The League, But the lessons he’s learning now, will help him later on in life.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I agree with you that I am not sure anything said would have made a difference in making Jalen feel better. He is lashing out. I can only assume if they had all cleaned the air, maybe the public would not be getting to see this side of Jalen and he would not have felt the need to vent as he did. He would still have been frustrated and hurt. But maybe that would have stayed behind closed doors and the confrontation that is about to happen that now everyone gets to see parts of its dirtyness would never have been seen by the public. Who knows, maybe this would have all happened anyway.
I hate to say it, but I'm not entirely surprised. Also, again, I am a little surprised that all seem to be assuming that Jalen's account, from his POV, is the total truth...

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010

It shouldn't be a controversy. One QB can pass downfield; one cannot. This was demonstrated on the biggest stage in the game. We the fans know it; the media knows it; the coaches know it; the players know it.

There's clearly a massive undisputed difference between the two players. The only controversy would be starting the less talented player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.