Alabama QB competition article

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: Alabama QB competition article (ALL QB posts here, please)

I guess this latest rumor we are hearing sort of clarifies the locker room photo posted earlier in the week...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

The timing of these transfers is ridiculous. These kids should face some kind of extra eligibility punishment for bailing on their teammates RIGHT AT the start of a season.

If a kind wants to transfer fine..... but do it in the winter/spring off-season instead of wasting everyone's time in the Summer/Fall.

They are taking reps away from the guys staying and taking up coaches time that could be spent on the guys sticking around.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

One of the comments on RBR said Saban should line them both up side by side in the backfield as a "double barreled shotgun". Lol

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I hate, hate this trend. It just feels wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don’t make them like Blake Sims anymore evidently. He waited patiently and worked for his shot at becoming the starting QB.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

They don’t make them like Blake Sims anymore evidently. He waited patiently and worked for his shot at becoming the starting QB.

Yep and then they end up 2nd string at a group of 5 school

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014

But Blake Sims was never considered an elite qb because he wasn't. He was a journeyman db and rb most of his playing career. I was a Blake Sims fan but some credit for the success of that offense has to go to Lane Kiffin.

There are plenty of qbs that stick with their teams and are backups all their time, or get to play one year. I hope Mac Jones sticks at Alabama, but I won't be surprised if he, too, transfers. The elite qbs, though, those who can start elsewhere, are less likely than ever to sit on the bench and I don't think that's going to subside. I think it will become more so the case. Unlike any other position on the field, one quarterback will get the vast majority of snaps in most games, and especially crunch time.

Finally, the situation at Alabama is a clearly superior qb sitting behind an inferior player by the end of last year. It's more reasonable to think that Tua would transfer if it happens again than in any case I can think of yet, including Eason at UGA or Barnett at UA.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If that's the case, and it's all true, then that noise needs to be dealt with so it doesn't mess with the harmonics of the team............and I am sure Saban will handle it the way he handles everything. From reading some other blurbs from the net, it seems a big part of it is coming from one direction, if those reports are to be believed................
It has now been reported by ESPN that Saban confirmed yesterday both would play. Leading me to believe if the report of the incident between Jalen, coach and whomever was true and it ticked Saban off that bad. Hurts wouldn't touch the field today. But they're both playing. So take that for what's it's worth.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

I spoke with someone earlier who was at the 2nd scrimmage(REC), and who also has a close business relationship with a current WR's father. He confirmed everything we heard about the scrimmage. He said they were blown away by some of Tua's throws. He also said per the father(to be brief): Tua "won the team" last year, after the Awbren game players were furious and secretly blamed the coaches for costing us #17 by not playing 13, Daboll and CNS had several heated arguments about who should play, WR's had a meeting with the coaches and lobbied for 13 to play, there was nearly a revolt in the locker room at halftime of the NC game, and the 2nd half of that game saved us a RB, a QB, and a couple WR's among others who considered transfer.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
So which coach wanted to play Tua and which wanted Hurts????

I have my suspicions.....

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

It has now been reported by ESPN that Saban confirmed yesterday both would play. Leading me to believe if the report of the incident between Jalen, coach and whomever was true and it ticked Saban off that bad. Hurts wouldn't touch the field today. But they're both playing. So take that for what's it's worth.
Yeah, kinda hard to know what is going on without being privy...... of course, that could be for public consumption and disinformation, but starting the weaker over the better would be a big mistake...... and I don’t think it happens, but that is just my opinion......and they don’t ask me for my opinions

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

So let’s say it is Tua.

Like I’ve been saying, if it’s a close game like ‘14 WVU, Tua will play the entire game.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

So let’s say it is Tua.

Like I’ve been saying, if it’s a close game like ‘14 WVU, Tua will play the entire game.
This wont happen. You can book it that one QB will play x number of series and then the other will come in and play likely the same number of series. After those two cycles the QB that was more effective will come back in. It has always been coaches plan to get both on the field. You can take it to the bank with the new 4 game rule that Saban will make sure one of Jalen’s four games is used up today.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

This wont happen. You can book it that one QB will play x number of series and then the other will come in and play likely the same number of series. After those two cycles the QB that was more effective will come back in. It has always been coaches plan to get both on the field. You can take it to the bank with the new 4 game rule that Saban will make sure one of Jalen’s four games is used up today.
I dont' think so....I think they each get 2 series, and then it's Tua until the 4th quarter -- then Mac gets mop up

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I spoke with someone earlier who was at the 2nd scrimmage(REC), and who also has a close business relationship with a current WR's father. He confirmed everything we heard about the scrimmage. He said they were blown away by some of Tua's throws. He also said per the father(to be brief): Tua "won the team" last year, after the Awbren game players were furious and secretly blamed the coaches for costing us #17 by not playing 13, Daboll and CNS had several heated arguments about who should play, WR's had a meeting with the coaches and lobbied for 13 to play, there was nearly a revolt in the locker room at halftime of the NC game, and the 2nd half of that game saved us a RB, a QB, and a couple WR's among others who considered transfer.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
That's pretty close...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.