Alabama tackles the tough issues

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Doug Jones tried to oust Nancy Worley earlier this year but failed.

I agree the state party needs to do better, but I don’t think anything could have prevented the red wave in the state this year. The Republicans had some horrible candidates and still won handily.

I did see where a black Democrat beat Mike Hale for Jefferson County sheriff. But that is probably more a story of white flight from Jefferson Country than anything else. One of the first comments on the al.com article was “Birmingham is screwed”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Working on it but still stuck here a while.
Hell, my plan is the country period. Wife retires in two years and then we’re Elvis (or is that Elvi?) [emoji848]
I’ve had and seen enough and I don’t think 2020 will change diddly. The tine for me is now and having to wait two more years really sucks but watcha gonna do?
Moving to another state in the interim was an option but she (and I) hate cold weather and no warm weather states are any better than Bama. (California is unfortunately off the table)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We elected a Roy Moore crony for Chief Justice.

We will likely lose a seat in Congress after the census. So apparently we aren’t attracting as many people as our neighbors.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
We elected a Roy Moore crony for Chief Justice.

We will likely lose a seat in Congress after the census. So apparently we aren’t attracting as many people as our neighbors.

Anyone wanna bet the seat we lose will be the the 7th district? That's the only seat held by a democrat.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Anyone wanna bet the seat we lose will be the the 7th district? That's the only seat held by a democrat.
I think we are required to have a majority black district, so that one is safe.

The problem may take care of itself. If Ivey doesn’t run or Shelby retires in 2022, at least one of them will go for one of those seats.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.