Tua's sac a blessing in disquise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savannahsn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2015
Only posted once but a reader for several years. Not an alum but a fan since Coach Bryant days.

As to my question, I seriously doubt Tua took the sack on purpose. But what if he had not have been sacked and gained a a few yards. Would we have have won? I read where Coach Saban asked him about the sack and Tua said he needed more room to pass, or something similar. Saban thought he was joking, and he may have been. But there is arguably a point there.

Obviously, you have less room to complete a pass nearer the goal line, especially this particular pass where the play was designed for this receiver to outrun the defender. I do not think he would have completed that pass much closer in. Not enough time/distance for the receiver to separate himself. Of course we may have scored without the sack but maybe not. Opinions?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One way or another, Alabama was going to find a way to win that game. You completely took that game over in the second half. GA was holding on for dear life, praying for a break.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Was it a blessing in disguise? Certainly. Could we have scored without losing yards on 1st? Sure, why not. Would we have? Who knows? But I didn't call it a blessing right when the play happened. I seem to recall throwing something at the TV, probably my hat, and letting loose of a long list of words that would make my mom wash my mouth out with soap if she had been around to hear it.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'm sure Tua's response about the sack was totally in jest. I think we would have won anyway. A different play would have been called if we were closer to the end zone but I'm confident Tua would have got us the winning TD. The one blessing about the sack might have been a good learning experience for Tua. Hopefully he'll know from now on to throw the ball away if nobody is open. What I don't quite understand is why he didn't try to just dump the ball off to Damien Harris if nobody was open deep. It looked like Damien was standing there open for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.