News Article: JOX ends the Opening Drive with Jay, Al and Tony ...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If Suttles is a Barner, he's been bearing one hell of a cross covering 5 in 9 on the Bama sports beat for the Tuscaloosa News.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
This "3 Man Front" show is AWFUL. I hope Ryan Haney is paying them minimum wage because even that may be a little too much, Also, hearing more of the Round Table. Sick of Lance Taylor whining about having to be up so early and acting like he is the betting guru of Birmingham.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
This "3 Man Front" show is AWFUL. I hope Ryan Haney is paying them minimum wage because even that may be a little too much, Also, hearing more of the Round Table. Sick of Lance Taylor whining about having to be up so early and acting like he is the betting guru of Birmingham.

Wrong.

Both shows are good radio - this is an improvement.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You can't really judge a daily live show on its first couple of months. The Roundtable crew has a good rapport with one another so the conservation has a flow that feels natural. These guys do not because this is an entirely new show where none of the on-air talent has worked together. I like Suttles and Cublic as twitter/journalism follows. Cube has been a successful sports radio host in HSV for years and is one of the better ESPN sideline reporters. They need to get some chemistry and tweak the format a bit...that's all.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
With that said, JOX has made some odd programming decisions over the last few years. That Matt and Scott show was good but didn't really have an audience because it was too weird for the market in my opinion. It had a format and style that would play really well with college-aged to 30-something men but that crowd just doesn't consistently listen to FM radio anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.