question for the board (relates to recruiting as in Grad transfer)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Does Alabama not require a degree in education to be a HS coach?
Yes and no. you cannot be "officially" on payroll unless you are a teacher.

You can be a "volunteer" coach and paid by a booster club, or out of the team's fundraising budget. It's really simple: background check, online classes.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
He could work toward the degree while coaching and teaching.
Not sure about Alabama but in Georgia if you have a degree in any subject matter you can have the professional standards commission review your transcript and determine which classes you need in order sit for a test to become certified in a subject or grade level.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
As others have said, depends on personal life goals. In some professional fields, a masters is an entry level degree. Most executive level positions in just about any field require a graduate degree. In a highly competitive field, I would submit that a graduate degree from an institution such as Stanford, as opposed to one acquired from one of the plethora of essentially on line institutions, would carry more weight. All things being essentially equal experience wise with two candidates for a senior level position, it would with me as a hiring manager.
I certainly disagree and so do many in the real world, not gov't. It's what you can do. I worked for a large corporation in a tech field and the school meant nothing. In most small companies it means even less. In our area it was primarily, "what is your analytical capacity, your enthusiasm for the work and how did you work with others". We didn't even care much about the tools with which you had experience or even experience itself. We turned down Doctorates for BSs. Again, education means little once you hit the work place, if you are in the real world or work for a company that has any sense. I know that many think the same. There are segments where things work a little differently. I wouldn't want to work there.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I certainly disagree and so do many in the real world, not gov't. It's what you can do. I worked for a large corporation in a tech field and the school meant nothing. In most small companies it means even less. In our area it was primarily, "what is your analytical capacity, your enthusiasm for the work and how did you work with others". We didn't even care much about the tools with which you had experience or even experience itself. We turned down Doctorates for BSs. Again, education means little once you hit the work place, if you are in the real world or work for a company that has any sense. I know that many think the same. There are segments where things work a little differently. I wouldn't want to work there.
Absolutely. Done it as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.