Favorite Walk-On Player

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
OK, we have had threads about your favorite player at Bama but I want to limit this thread discussion to those players that were walk-ons and maybe earned a scholly later.

My take: Without a doubt my Favorite walk-on player is Michael Nysewander. Dude just seemed to have a knack for the ball, great blocker, great teammate, just seemed to enjoy his role but more importantly, mastered it. Can't tell you the number of times in 2016 and 2017 I stated to my buddies, "we are really missing #46s play here"...

Guy could bring it...

Michael, if you read this, a hardy ROLL TIDE!!! to you. Your play is missed!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Hard to pick a favorite for me.......probably a tie between Rashad Johnson and Levi Wallace.
Rashad because he started out as a running back, and later excelled at Safety
Levi because how well he stepped up, and the story about his father

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Hard to pick a favorite for me.......probably a tie between Rashad Johnson and Levi Wallace.
Rashad because he started out as a running back, and later excelled at Safety
Levi because how well he stepped up, and the story about his father
I had forgotten or didn't even remember about Rashad. He has made a little bit of money from walking on at Alabama.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's hard not to pick Levi. Part of that is probably recency bias but the part he played in our NC can't be overstated. He basically took over for Humphrey (who I thought wouldn't be replaceable) and arguably played even better than Humphrey did his last year. He took the one major weak point in our secondary and made it a clear strength.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
It's hard not to pick Levi. Part of that is probably recency bias but the part he played in our NC can't be overstated. He basically took over for Humphrey (who I thought wouldn't be replaceable) and arguably played even better than Humphrey did his last year. He took the one major weak point in our secondary and made it a clear strength.
it seemed to me Hump had the NFL on his mind a little to much his last season.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Yes, I have to go with Rashad Johnson too; He received no D1 offers. He switched positions his Sophomore year and ended up starting 4 games that season. Team captain by his junior year and a first team all-SEC selection; Senior season was first team all-SEC and All-American. Drafted in third round and even how he played through losing part of his finger in the NFL. He also graduated with his degree. He retired this year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes, Dabo was a walk-on.

David Smith, 1988 QB, wasn’t too bad either. Won the starting job against a bunch of scholarship guys.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.