Korean Robots Skiing

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Olympic Ready? Robot Skiers Compete in South Korea
Pretty cool. The integration of AI and the real world.
I like how one of the robots got turned around in the gate and just finished the course skiing backwards. Not many human skiers would do that.

That video led me to another. I think I have found out what I want to be when I grow up: "Robot tormenter."
Go to the 1:27 mark.
I was almost looking for the robot to just punch the guy at one point.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's interesting to see the tactics they've used to overcome the lack of a flexible spine and ball and socket hip joint...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Olympic Ready? Robot Skiers Compete in South Korea
Pretty cool. The integration of AI and the real world.
I like how one of the robots got turned around in the gate and just finished the course skiing backwards. Not many human skiers would do that.

That video led me to another. I think I have found out what I want to be when I grow up: "Robot tormenter."
Go to the 1:27 mark.
I was almost looking for the robot to just punch the guy at one point.
It will take just a little more "human learning" in the AI to get to this point.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It will take just a little more "human learning" in the AI to get to this point.
The guy was being a real jerk.
I know it's just a machine and it doesn't care if someone keeps knocking the box out of its hands, but the anthropomorphism made me expect some retaliation.
Then again, maybe if you're having a bad day, being obnoxious to a robot might be therapeutic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.