What's your take on Tennessee this season?

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Sept. 1 West Virginia Charlotte, N.C. Loss
Sept. 8 ETSU Knoxville, Tenn. Win
Sept. 15 UTEP. Knoxville, Tenn. Win
Sept. 22 Florida Knoxville, Tenn. Loss
Sept. 29 Georgia Athens, Ga. Loss
Oct. 13 Auburn Auburn, Ala. Loss
Oct. 20 Alabama Knoxville, Tenn. Loss
Oct. 27 South Carolina Columbia, S.C. Loss
Nov. 3 Charlotte Knoxville, Tenn Win
Nov. 10 Kentucky Knoxville, Tenn. Win
Nov. 17 Missouri Knoxville, Tenn. Loss
Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt Nashville, Tenn. Win

I see a 5-7 record. I may turn out to be completely wrong. But I think Pruitt will look back and wished he would have stayed one more year as Bama's DC and bypassed taking the UcheaT gig. I don't believe this turns out as beneficial on his coaching resume.
This may be a pretty accurate assessment. The West Virginia opener in Charlotte has the potential of really setting the tone for the season. If the Vols can pull out a win, it can give them a bit of confidence going into the Florida game in 3 weeks, but a loss where they struggle may be a mental drain. Either way, I expect Florida to be able to handle UT in Knoxville and set off a 5 game losing streak with Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina to follow. In years past, the Vols were perennially blessed with a schedule in November that was salvation for the coaching staffs because a mediocre season could pile on 4 or 5 wins late with ease and close out with a record that made everyone calmer. Not so now, as Vanderbilt has been a thorn in their side for the last few years and with Missouri and Kentucky getting better, November could get dicey. Still, November could be 4-0 for UT, but it has the potential of 1-3 or 2-2 as well. November records are often dictated by what happens in September and October and it will be the same this year. If Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt are all still healthy and are playing for a bowl berth, Tennessee may well be thinking about 2019 a little early.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I cannot image being a first year head coach and playing Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn in a row. That's nasty.

UT could potentially be playing 3 top 5 teams in a row, and as ESPN has it in preseason rankings, UT is playing 3 top 10 teams in a row with 4 ranked in the top 25. What a bad year to be a new head coach...

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I cannot image being a first year head coach and playing Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn in a row. That's nasty.

UT could potentially be playing 3 top 5 teams in a row, and as ESPN has it in preseason rankings, UT is playing 3 top 10 teams in a row with 4 ranked in the top 25. What a bad year to be a new head coach...
Add South Carolina to the end of that list as well. Not quite like the others, but still likely to make a rough day for the Vols, especially with them coming off that murderer's row.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.