R.I.P. Maj. Charles Emerson Winchester III

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
MASH was the only television show I have ever viewed where the replacement characters were better than those they replaced. Loved Sidney Friedman and another good character was Colonel Flagg, the bumbling intelligence officer. Unlike any other television show, when the time came, MASH had the perfect ending, the war ends.
For me, Gray, its:

Colonel Blake > Colonel Potter

and

Trapper John > BJ Hunnicutt

(but I will take Charles over Frank!)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Did anybody else hate Hawkeye? He came across to me as the epitome of the self-centered bully that was the most popular kid in school. I always wished someone would punch him right in his sanctimonious self-righteous mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I agree that Winchester was better than Burns. As a side note MASH would have been a much better show without the stupid laugh track. I hated the preachy episodes.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
hawkeye was my favorite character followed by henry blake, klinger, and rizzo.
Loved Rizzo. The king of the motor pool. He was the consummate do nothing, slacker so often associated with the military. Good episode when he gave Colonel Potter his driving test. His son was little Bubba.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree that Winchester was better than Burns. As a side note MASH would have been a much better show without the stupid laugh track. I hated the preachy episodes.
iirc, there was one episode made without a laugh track. i think it may have been the one where hawkeye was dreaming he had no arms and was in a boat surrounded by mannequin limbs in the water.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.