My son is going to Alabama's football camp

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
My son went last year for his first camp. We're going back this year.

It's an excellent camp and he'll receive a ton of good instruction. But, make no mistake, they work those boys. It's not all fun and games.

Coach Saban is in attendance for about 90% of it, which speaks to him and how much he enjoys coaching. Other big school coaches take pics with the campers and you never see them again.

Be prepared to be hot. I'd recommend a pair of compression shorts for each day of practice. Wearing soggy "tighty whities" wouldn't be very comfortable. In his camp bag, I'd recommend an extra shirt or two for each day. He will sweat A LOT.

It's a wonderful experience for these boys, and a lifetime memory.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
My son went last year for his first camp. We're going back this year.

It's an excellent camp and he'll receive a ton of good instruction. But, make no mistake, they work those boys. It's not all fun and games.

Coach Saban is in attendance for about 90% of it, which speaks to him and how much he enjoys coaching. Other big school coaches take pics with the campers and you never see them again.

Be prepared to be hot. I'd recommend a pair of compression shorts for each day of practice. Wearing soggy "tighty whities" wouldn't be very comfortable. In his camp bag, I'd recommend an extra shirt or two for each day. He will sweat A LOT.

It's a wonderful experience for these boys, and a lifetime memory.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for the advice. As it gets closer I may have some questions.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I took my cousin a few years ago and he liked it a lot. I played golf everyday so, I didn’t watch the practices but, he is a QB and told me they split up the QB’s into about 5 groups. He was in the top group with Cornwall and 3 others. Coach Nuss was with them 100% of the time. Saban also spent time with them. He said the other QB groups had the HS coaches.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I think i know the answer since this isnt a closed practice....but are parents permitted to watch the camp with their kids?

My son is 7 and plays flag football right now. He would love this someday!!

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
PLEASE have your son in decent shape and ready for constructive criticism. This is NOT Day Camp, it is demanding, hard work, blood, sweat and tears. TRUST me. Your son may puke a few times as well. It's not for the faint of heart. Be prepared for some tough periods and he will be encouraged to never quit but get better on every snap. This is not a scare tactic, just a fact.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Well day 2 and practice is over for us. Son sustained a sprained ankle. We are staying until the camp ends tomorrow.

If you havent been and decide you want to take your son I suggest getting with someone that has been before because there is a lot of stuff they don't tell you. You also need to get there early the first day. I'd say 10 am because there is a looooooonnnggg line. They keep the kids active and there is always movement. And a lot of yelling lol Saban got upset at his d coaches and yelled at them a little bit. All and all a great experience.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
We got our oldest there today as well. Right now sitting at hotel recuperating from Ol’ Colony Golf course and about to head out and watch them practice for a while. My son has loved it so far!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.