Question: How do you think we will do in the SEC tournament?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Everyone has been saying all year that we have every bit as much talent as anyone in this league. That being the case it is simply up to the staff to prepare them, and the team to execute, for us to make a name for ourselves starting today. If we want it it's there for the taking. I am glad we will get to see how things stand so early today.

rtr

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hoping for a good day. Some things I'd like to see:

Sexton playing some 2 guard in the half court offense and maybe Dazon or Herb Jones running point. I know we'll probably depend on Sexton at point and improvising alot off the high pick, but I'd like to see him in a little more catch and shoot or drive roll as #2.

More transition. We've not been good in it except in spots, but I still think it might open up our half court offense as well as making A&M spend more energy. But we've got the personal, especially with Jones back to get some quick, easy points in transition. When we get 3 on 1s we've got to get points.

Less dribbling and more passing and less not taking wide open mid-range jumpers. While I'm wishing, we could really use a game of being "on" from John Petty. If not him, Reece shooting a few more threes in the half court game. JMO, but if we get 12-15 points from JP, we probably win. And alot less TOs, please!

Bigs playing strong and taking advantage of scrap second chances on the boards. Whole team rebounding stronger.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not when you are rebounding or dribbling in traffic
OK, but maybe it's a quibble but you need to be strong in the lane and traffic, but still need soft hands to handle/catch the ball.

FWIW, I know JP needs to improve his ball handling skills (much lamented), but for the most part we catch and dribble pretty good as a team. We also, play hard and get after loose balls with good effort (generally speaking). Much of our TOs just seem to be the result of being sloppy mentally, which is a result of our extreme youth and inexperience.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Hoping for a good day. Some things I'd like to see:

Sexton playing some 2 guard in the half court offense and maybe Dazon or Herb Jones running point. I know we'll probably depend on Sexton at point and improvising alot off the high pick, but I'd like to see him in a little more catch and shoot or drive roll as #2.

More transition. We've not been good in it except in spots, but I still think it might open up our half court offense as well as making A&M spend more energy. But we've got the personal, especially with Jones back to get some quick, easy points in transition. When we get 3 on 1s we've got to get points.

Less dribbling and more passing and less not taking wide open mid-range jumpers. While I'm wishing, we could really use a game of being "on" from John Petty. If not him, Reece shooting a few more threes in the half court game. JMO, but if we get 12-15 points from JP, we probably win. And alot less TOs, please!

Bigs playing strong and taking advantage of scrap second chances on the boards. Whole team rebounding stronger.
We only had 5 fast break points Saturday against them. We have to do a better job of rebounding and getting out in transition. We are not very good executing our half court sets right now. We have to turn some D into O. I wouldn’t mind seeing us come out and full court press a little bit. I don’t mean our half butt 2-2-1 press that we don’t even run correctly, I mean some full court pressure up in their grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We only had 5 fast break points Saturday against them. We have to do a better job of rebounding and getting out in transition. We are not very good executing our half court sets right now. We have to turn some D into O. I wouldn’t mind seeing us come out and full court press a little bit. I don’t mean our half butt 2-2-1 press that we don’t even run correctly, I mean some full court pressure up in their grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We should do that more. Avery should turn it up! We've amped up the pressure a few times in the backcourt and have seen some TOs.

Hey, getting two or three cheap buckets off the press could be the difference!!!

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
I'm glad I was wrong. This team actually played with fire and feed off Sexton. I just hate we ran into a red hot team in UK without Hall. Even in the loss we still had fire and fight in us. Hard to beat a team that was shooting that hot.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I think our D is usually solid, getting some production outside Sexton Ingram and hall will be key (nonpun intended)...if we can get the three to start falling, we'll cause some chaos and headaches
RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.